Children’s Ministry Director
This job description is considered to be a classification and recruiting tool, and is not intended to limit the assignment of work.
Job Purpose/Position Summary:
The Children’s Ministry Director will lead, coordinate and execute the total children’s ministries at Immanuel for the purpose of evangelism and Christian development of children.
This person will be one who has accepted Christ as personal Savior and Lord, a growing relationship with God, and a strong calling to work and interact with children birth through sixth grade. This person will have godly character, be active in church, and
have a passion for the Children’s ministry. This person needs to have excellent organizational skills and must be able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality. Also, it is important for this person to have the interpersonal skills necessary to
communicate and work well with a wide variety of personalities and age groups. Education and/or experience in children’s ministry are/is desired.
- Identify effective, creative ways to share the gospel of Christ with children, birth through sixth grade.
- Evaluate ministry needs, review options and work with Pastor of Worship Arts and Administration to determine the overall ministry vision, goals and objectives for the Children’s Ministry, in support of the Mission and Vision of IBC.
- Plan, organize, lead and/or oversee specific children’s programs and events (The Zone, Carpenter’s Corner, LifeGroups / S.S., AWANA, VBS, Fun in the Son, Fall Festival, Upward Basketball, Children’s Choir, Backyard Bible Club, Easter Egg Hunt, etc.)
- Recruit, coordinate, train, pray for and motivate new children’s ministry volunteers.
- Effectively use technology to communicate with children, parents, leaders, and teachers regarding schedules, events, etc.
- Research and select curriculum, supplies, and equipment.
- Oversee the safety and cleanliness of children’s equipment, toys and space.
- Assist in the development and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Maintain Children’s Ministry section on the church website.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of children’s ministry programs, make adjustments as appropriate.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Oversee Pre-School Coordinator and Pre-School Ministry.
- Minister to children’s families as needed (prayer, encouragement, hospital visits, etc.).
- Co-leader in T2 with Student Pastor.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
- Other duties as requested by the Associate Pastor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc. up to 40 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach, climb stairs, see, talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Frequently, the employee must perceive the nature of sounds by ear; express ideas by means of spoken words; and operate electronic equipment/computers with moderate ability.