Minister of Care and Christian Education
Purpose: The minister of Christian Care and Education will provide opportunities for the congregation to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Also to provide spiritual care for people in time of crisis.
- A person who models the Christian life. One who develops and maintains a healthy growing relationship with Jesus Christ, being an example to the church in character and calling.
- A call to ministry from God. One who feels a sense of personal calling and has gifting in the area of Christian care and education.
- Commitment to teamwork with staff and volunteers to further the mission of the church and to accept additional responsibility as needed*.
- A belief that the scriptures are the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Meet with Care Commission as staff person overseeing the ministry of the Care Commission.
- Be with families at time of need: Major surgeries, family crisis, etc.
- Be available for funerals: Meet with families and assist them in the planning of the service.
- Schedule the visitation team (hospital and home) and keep record of the visitation teams. Also make regular visits to the hospitals, at home, and Retirement communities.
- Keep updated list of residents in retirement communities.
- Plan Sunshine hour (broadcast to shut ins) Leading one each month overseeing volunteers other weeks.
- Maintain prayer sheet for use on Sundays and Wednesdays.
- Arrange annual pie day for the staff with residents of the retirement community.
- Meet with Disciple Commission as the staff person overseeing Adult Ministries.
- Meet with Adult Ministries Committee to help set vision and direction for the ministry.
- Sunday Evening – Work with the Music Minister and rest of staff to schedule evening services.
- Sunday School – Work in conjunction with Sunday School classes to classes that may desire assistance. Assist in obtaining teachers.
- Small Groups – Set vision and direction for the functioning of small groups. Assist in the formation of needed small groups.
- Mentoring – Work with the mentoring cooridinator to assist with the vision and implementation of the mentoring program. Help recruit mentors, plan trainings, and provide needed material.
*Additional Responsibilities: Assist in Worship services as needed. Serve as requested for weddings, funerals, and other special services. Fill pulpit as needed.