This position is responsible for the daily leadership and development of the music ministry for all ages at First Baptist Church Eufaula. He should have a passion for leading our church family in worship utilizing new and traditional music with the goal
of touching the heart of God. Our church music opportunities range from pre-school choirs to senior adults. Candidates for this position should love God and love leading people to worship Him.
- Clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Commitment to moral purity
- Degree in music, worship, or a related field. Previous experience in leading worship is preferred.
- Agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message
- Heart for God and leading others to worship Him
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement a vision to support the mission of the church through various worship arts ministries
- Ability to lead worship to a large congregation, 30+ voice choir, praise team, praise band, and musicians in various musical styles.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify theological quality and accuracy of lyrics
- Multigenerational leadership: ability to work effectively with all ages (preschool – senior adult)
- Ability to work with and coach others in the music ministries of the church
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Heart for people - good listener, encourager, team player, recruiter
- Member of the whole ministry team, not just focused on music
- Possess excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; able to use audio editing software and be involved in website managing/editing
- Plan, organize, and conduct our blended worship services for Sunday mornings/nights and other special worship services as required ( e.g. mid- week services, revivals, Christmas, Christmas Eve, Easter, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, VBS, youth events,
church outings, etc.)
- Directly supervise all staff and volunteers in the Worship and Music Ministry.
- Build, lead, and direct the choirs, praise teams and bands, soloists, ensembles, etc. (adult choir, youth choir, senior adult choir, adult praise team and band, youth praise team and band)
- Plan, organize, and conduct youth choir throughout the school year in preparation for a youth choir mission week tour.
- Plan and organize events for the senior adult choir
- Create an inviting, worshipful atmosphere, where people can encounter God
- Oversee the technical aspects of worship (sound, lights, media, and staging)
- Work closely with other pastors to design and develop a worship plan that supports sermon series, seasonal events, promotional activities, and other events.
- Attract an increasing pool of gifted musicians who desire to be involved in worship at First Baptist Church
- Prepare and manage an annual music ministry budget
- Maintain music library, materials, supplies, and equipment
- Participate in staff meetings and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned by the senior pastor
This summary is not comprehensive, but it is designed to give you a taste of what the church and the position are about.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com