This hands-on, leadership position is an opportunity to share your passion for moving students closer to becoming a mature follower of Christ in this relationship-driven ministry.
The Student Ministries Pastor will coordinate outreach and ministry to youth in grades 6-12 and will also seek to communicate with and minister to the families of youth at Oxboro Evangelical Free Church and the central Bloomington, Minnesota community.
- Have a growing personal relationship with God, showing evidence of the fruit of the Spirit.
- Love youth and effectively connect with a broad spectrum of ages and cultures as you share your deep passion for the students’ salvation and growth.
- Show evidence of gifts of the Holy Spirit in areas that foster ministry to youth.
- Agree with the Evangelical Free Church statement of faith and Oxboro's mission, vision, & values
- Have adequate training to perform the responsibilities, either through education and/or experience.
- Coordinate the youth ministry programs of Oxboro Evangelical Free Church, which should be relationally-driven and include outreach/evangelism, Bible-based teaching, discipleship, prayer and worship, including weekly event(s), occasional retreats, and various
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and encouragement of existing and new youth leaders who will aid in ministry to students and their families.
- Coordinate the process of identifying, developing, and equipping a leadership team from within the youth of Oxboro.
- Minister to the families of youth, especially in the areas relating to their middle and high school children.
- Be responsible for coordinating or delegating the financial and general administration of youth ministry at Oxboro.
- If the Senior Pastor is absent, the Student Ministries Pastor may periodically deliver the message for a Sunday morning service, depending upon the needs of the church and the gifts of the pastor.
Oxboro is in a diverse area of Bloomington, one block from Kennedy High School, but drawing from multiple schools in the area. We have an experienced & energetic group of youth leaders, who partner with the Student Ministries Pastor and have a heart for
students and for the Lord.
The Student Ministries Pastor reports directly to the Senior Pastor, and the position offers paid time off, health insurance, retirement contributions, and other benefits.
If you feel God may be calling you to this vital leadership role with Oxboro's students, email your cover letter, resume, and three references to: ApplyYouth@oxboro.org. Additional information, including a full job description may be found at www.oxboro.org.