Impacting Sioux Falls’ estimated 8,500 college students (as well as our region’s young adults) with the Gospel is crucial for Central’s 10-year initiative to reach the next generation for Christ. The College and Young Adults Pastor (CYAP) will
serve as part of the Pastoral staff. The CYAP has the responsibility of creating ministries for college students as well as for young adults (post-college/20-somethings/young professionals). The CYAP will work under the supervision of the Executive Pastor
of Ministry (EPM).
Competencies and expectancies:
- 5 years staff experience in programmatic church college ministry or parachurch college ministry (Cru, Navs, etc)
- Passionate about helping lost college students and lost young adults become Christ-centered laborers on their campuses, in marketplace, and their spheres of influence
- Passionate about integrating college students and young adults into the life of the church (biblical community and volunteer service)
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, innovator who can strategically develop new vision, initiatives, teams, & events
- Organized and goal-oriented
- Experienced leader with proven ability to recruit, equip, train, and appreciate volunteer teams
- Team-player with cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with co-workers
- Effective communicator both interpersonally and in large group teaching environments. Strong preaching skills are important as well as being able to plan and create engage sermon series for college students.
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, and distinctives of Central
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or related topic preferred
- Attendance at weekend services and other events determined by the EPM
- Competence in all related church software and database systems
- Strategically develop a sustainable college ministry model and ministry team of student leaders with hearts for their generation to know and follow Jesus
- Implement attractional college ministry model of large group worship gatherings, on-campus and off-campus Lifegroups, and homegroups
- Build relationships with Central congregants who are college “influencers” including college coaches, professors, and instructors
- Form and lead a team of committed and mature adult ministry partners from Central’s congregation to mentor, empower, encourage and support college students as they live into their true identity in Christ
- Develop outreach strategies to the thousands of college students in our area
- In collaboration with the Pastor of Student Ministries, facilitate the equipping of HS seniors as they transition to living out faith in college
- Provide a launch point for college students to integrate into the life of the larger church body at Central in areas of Biblical community and volunteer service
- Develop and leadership development system for college students
- Work in conjunction with other ministry leads to help develop a systemized approach to college and young adult ministry internships and apprenticeships at Central
- Create and lead retreats, service opportunities, mission trips, and social events for college students
- Other duties as assigned
Young Adult Ministry (post-college/20-somethings/young professionals)
- Form and lead a team of committed and mature adult ministry partners from Central’s congregation who mentor, empower, encourage and support young adults as they live into their true identity in Christ
- Provide a launch point for young adults to integrate into the life of the larger church body at Central in areas of community and volunteer service
- Work in conjunction with Lifegroup Pastor to design and lead a Lifegroup ministry system for young adults
- Plan and facilitate fellowship opportunities for young adults to connect with one another and invite other peers into community
- Create and lead retreats, service opportunities, mission trips, and social events for young adults students
- Develop outreach strategies to the thousands of young adults in our area
- Other duties as assigned
- Please email the following to Chuck Jespersen - Executive Pastor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please make them all separate files or pages.
- Cover letter (limit to one page).
- Your resume (please include 3-5 references).
- Your personal testimony (limit to one page).