ASSOCIATE PASTOR / CONNECTIONS
The Associate Pastor / Connections is a support to the pastor Victory Church, overseeing Connection and other departments as his main focus.
- Have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Total commitment to Victory Church and the vision, values and statement of faith of it.
- Have a passion and a call to serve in this role.
- Total commitment and loyalty to the leadership of Victory Church, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Spiritual maturity consisting of a pleasant, forgiving, non-judgmental, but assertive manner.
- Live a lifestyle in accordance with biblical standards as befitting the position of a Pastor of Victory Church.
- Good organization and planning skills and a demonstrated ability to lead staff & volunteers.
- Faithfully tithe and support Victory Church and its ministries.
- Achieve results as instructed by the Lead Pastor.
- Lead, develop and oversee paid and volunteer teams as required to fulfill the ministry. This includes the following:
- Recruit, train, motivate and support ministry team members.
- Arrange and conduct team meetings.
- Conflict resolution.
- Identify and train potential leaders for supervisory roles.
- Develop and implement systems, courses and other resources as required to ensure effectiveness.
- Creating information and training manuals.
- Facilitate weddings ensuring legal and other paperwork is complete and accurate and submitted on time.
- Conduct and/or assist in weddings and funerals.
- Pray for needs identified in prayer requests or calls.
- Conduct pastoral phone calls.
- Integrate new people and new Christians into church life through church attendance, serving and small groups.
- Conduct and/or facilitate counseling for members of the church including: pre-marital, trauma, marriage, grievance, hospital visitation, and funeral support.
- Fulfill pastoral responsibilities assigned to you by Senior Pastor.
Essential Job Functions:
- Endorse and encourage faithfulness towards the practices of the Christian faith and the culture of Victory Church.
- Use your best endeavors to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of Victory Church.
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during normal business hours, and at other times as reasonably necessary, to your duties.
- Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you from time to time.
- Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorized from time to time.
- At all times act to a high standard of professional behavior;
- Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church;
- Not be engaged or concerned or interested in another business or occupation without the prior written consent of the Church;
- Being a pastoral team member performing various pastoral functions within Victory Church.
- Leadership and Lay Ministry Training.
- Oversight of Assimilation Process.
- Functioning as an organizational elder of Victory Church.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by Pastor David Brown.
Skill and Education Requirements - Formal education is a plus. Experience in leading, caring for and pastoring people is an essential.
Ongoing Vision - Victory Church has a great vision and will continue to grow and expand. Anyone accepting a staff role must understand that “ongoing change” will always be a part of this church, and they must be flexible, open to challenge,
and willing to move and grow with that ongoing vision.
Weekly Hours for Position: Monday-Thursday 9am - 5pm; All church services; Other times as deemed necessary.
- Reports to Pastor David Brown
- Supervises and directs ministry assistant(s)
- Works closely with all areas of ministries within Victory Church