About the Position
The role of the Worship Pastor is to assist the Senior Pastor, staff, and volunteers in fostering unity and building a worshiping atmosphere in our church. The Worship Pastor will champion our church’s vision as a worshiping community of believers intentionally
reaching and discipling the Ridge and beyond for Christ. NorthRidge is a Senior Pastor and Pastoral Staff led church.
What We Are Searching for
A successful candidate for this role will be reliable, organized, exhibit excellence in the area of ministry planning and implementation, possess a broad understanding of music, worship, and worship technologies—sound, lighting, and projection. A successful
candidate will be highly relational, and maintain a heart for people with different personalities, backgrounds, and skills. The ideal candidate for this position has added skills in audio/visual production, digital media, I.T. network and presentation software.
He will display abilities to build and lead teams of servant-hearted people and exhibit potential for life-long learning, growth, and ministry improvement.
Worship Pastor Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, plan, organize and schedule the worship services and coordinate with the worship arts ministries to establish a worship environment to enhance and undergird the message and its theme for the service. This will include,
but not be limited to, personal preparation, team rehearsals, and media coordination within the service.
- The Worship Pastor will be expected to lead worship, not just lead music.
- Coordinate the recruitment, training, deployment of a volunteer staff in the area of worship ministries that will include, but not be limited to, the practical training and spiritual development of the team(s).
- Lead in creating and implementing new worship opportunities, which align with NorthRidge Church.
- Plan and coordinate the decorations that may be used in worship or special events.
- Plan and coordinate the equipment that may be used for worship or stage productions.
- Oversee the organization of the storage areas where stage/worship equipment is stored to be kept in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Maintain the instruments and equipment used for worship or stage productions.
- Coordinate the audio/video production and reproduction of worship, special events, and special productions.
Additional Ministry Interests
- Ministry roles/responsibilities will be developed in cooperation with successful candidate that are in alignment with the candidate’s heart, passion, and gifting.
Other Ministry Responsibilities
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Serve as a Pastor in the area of Pastoral Care and assume responsibilities to visit hospitals, home-bound, etc. as determined by the Senior Pastor.
- Assist in planning and conducting weddings, funerals, and other special services or church related events.
- Carry out budget planning and oversight as related to worship ministries.
Desired Skill Set
- Audio/Visual Technologies
- IT, Network, and presentation software
- Able to demonstrate a clear testimony of salvation followed by baptism by immersion.
- Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Ministry or related field and having faithfully served an evangelical church for a minimum of 5 years and embraces a theology that matches the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.
- Solid vocals, instrumental talent, great stage presence with a pastoral heart
- Essential character traits: a growing and dynamic faith, integrity, faithfulness, alignment with the vision and mission of the total church program, self-awareness (i.e. knows their strengths and weaknesses and has confidence to make effective decisions
and solve problems), and a lifetime learner with an industrious attitude and commitment to long-term success.
- Position requires membership at NorthRidge Church.
- Be consistent in sharing their faith with those they encounter, do the work of an evangelist.
- Demonstrate a team spirit both visually and verbally supporting established protocol and policy.
How to Apply
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by
March 31, 2017:
- Cover Letter
- Up to 3 reference letters
- (Viable candidates will be contacted and have an extensive background check, credit check, and social media check run through the office.)