Are you motivated to shape and lead a spiritual formation process designed to serve 21st century adults? Are you someone who loves people and thrives in creating connection and community? Do you enjoy working with and developing teams in
a creative and servant focused environment? Are you passionate to see people discover and live out their role in God’s story, especially “people who’ve given up on church, but not on God?”
If so, then you might be the perfect fit for this role at Lake Forest Church-Huntersville!
This Assistant Pastor will play a vital role in leading our spiritual formation strategy and plan for adults, while assimilating adults into Christ-centered community and learning environments. This pastor’s first priority will be shepherding people into
and through our primary spiritual growth and care system: First contact and Community groups (including women’s and men’s groups). Thus, we are looking for a people-focused person who enjoys pastoring others, building teams and systems, while shepherding leaders
to be primary spiritual influencers of their flock. This role requires a person who is thoughtful about the most effective methods and pathways of spiritual formation for today’s adults. This person must have the skills to encourage and empower leaders,
build and unleash teams, have a strong drive and self-initiative, and strategic capacity to plan and help people discover and live out their role in God’s story. While it’s not the primary role of this pastor, this person must have a proven capability to preach
and clearly communicate from a stage as they will be in front of the congregation from time to time.
1. Follows Jesus – This person must have a deep faith that is biblically grounded and demonstrated in all areas of their life.
2. Leads Leaders – This person will be responsible for the recruitment and development of leaders; shaping the ministry through the discipling, coaching, and training of lay leaders as they disciple others in the Lake Forest Church-Huntersville
3. Pastors People – The Pastor will be one of the first points of contact for many at LFC-Huntersville. They will take the initiative of shepherding our people, making contact with attendees on Sunday mornings, and initiating contact
with people throughout the week.
4. Builds Community – The Pastor will create and develop opportunities and environments through our Community Group Ministry that enable people to connect, develop, be cared for and join in the life of the community at LFC-Huntersville.
5. Oversees Processes – The Pastor has to have a strong natural or learned ability to develop and implement processes that enable a multitude of people to flow quickly and easily into a connecting and care system.
This Assistant Pastor will work closely with LFC-Huntersville’s Lead Pastor to plan and implement strategies that help us to achieve our mission of leading people towards Jesus in a safe, accessible and encouraging environment.
Full-time with benefits. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
- Deep, growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Leadership experience in a vibrant church or ministry.
- Clear and strong evidence of developing leaders and servant teams into healthy and fruitful ministry.
- Record of working well on a team.
- A theology and practice of spiritual formation compatible with LFC, with the ability to envision new practices for new generations.
- History of creating community that shepherds people to greater spiritual growth.
- Excellent people skills and charismatic personality.
- High capacity for people involvement and entrepreneurial competency.
- Proven capability to preach and clearly communicate from a stage.
- Strong record of spiritually developing people in all stages of life (ex: single, married, empty nester)
- M.Div or equivalent, and ability to be ordained in the EPC.
Lake Forest Church began on October 18, 1998 with the sacrificial commitment of a 42-person Launch Team. Our Huntersville campus is now a part of the larger Lake Forest Family of Churches in the Lake Norman area, with each church having its own Teaching
Pastor. While functioning much like an independent church, our Huntersville campus benefits from the connection, mutual learning, and shared resourcing with our other two churches, LFC-Davidson (2011) and LFC- West Lake (2014).
LFC-Huntersville worships on Sundays in Huntersville, NC. We currently have two services with an average Sunday attendance of 1300-1500 people who are all over the map spiritually – as we truly are a community of skeptics, spiritual explorers, and longtime
followers of Jesus. As we like to say, “we are a place for people who’ve given up on church, but not on God!”
To apply, send your letter of inquiry and resume to email@example.com.