The role of Campus Pastor at Abundant Life Church is first and foremost, to have a heart of service for Christ and support ALC’s mission of, “Reaching as many people as possible for Jesus Christ; Loving God, Loving People, Loving Life.” This position is
a member of the pastoral staff and reports to the Senior Pastor. Direct reports include a full-time Assistant Campus Pastor and the campus administrative assistant. The campus pastor works with main campus pastoral staff in ministry and campus development.
The Campus Pastor is responsible for campus volunteer coordination and assuring the efficient assimilation of individuals from guest to fully participating members, helping the people of Abundant Life connect to a team to serve with and a group to grow with.
The Campus Pastor will serve in three basic roles: pastor/shepherd, developer/mentor, and manager.
- As pastor/shepherd, this position will develop strong relationships with the staff and volunteers, with the desire to help them grow in their relationship with Jesus and in their relationship with others. The vision for this role is to be a shepherd for
the people associated with this ministry and to help recruit, equip and prepare others to do the same.
- As developer/mentor, this position will purposefully and strategically train and equip their staff and key volunteer leaders. The vision in this role is to help their staff and volunteers to achieve high levels of excellence, creativity, and efficiency
in their respective fields.
- As manager, this position will provide both short-term and long-term strategy and leadership, assuring excellence in campus ministries.
General responsibilities include contributing to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer support.
- Demonstrates a growing, positive relationship as a Christ follower
- Is a member or in process of becoming a member of Abundant Life Church
- Supports and models ALC’s key values: Worship, Serve, Share, Grow, Give
- Minimum five years ministry experience
- Education: Minimum Bachelors Degree, seminary education preferred
- Agrees to reside in the community in which the campus is located.
- Establishing objectives, goals, strategies, and programs in alignment with the church’s overarching mission relevant to the community the campus is located in.
- Establishing program schedules, activities, and events of similar quality and creativity as other campuses
- Oversee weekend service at the campus.
- Be prepared to deliver the weekend message in accordance with the current message series in the event of video streaming difficulties.
- On occasion (up to 24 times a year), develop and deliver the message in accordance with the current message series developed by the Sr. Pastor and creative team.
- Teach/lead campus Open House and Membership classes and similar events.
- Perform pastoral care and mentoring for the campus body.
- Perform pastoral duties such as baptisms, child dedications, weddings, funerals, etc.
- With the aid of the Business Operations Pastor, establish and administer the campus budget.
- Manage the campus facility and ministry spaces for effective use, safety, and maintenance.
- Develops easy connection points for people to serve.
- Trains staff and ministry leaders on how to connect and value volunteers.
- Utilizes the church database and the church website to promote serving on a team.
- Develop and report key measures of health and growth throughout the campus and serve as the eyes and ears of that campus, reporting back important development of interest to the whole church.
- Other activities as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Spends quality time in daily prayer and Bible study, strives for Christ-like love in all things, and demonstrates a lifestyle of personal evangelism and discipleship
- Performs pastoral duties on a regular basis as the ministry dictates
- Maintains regular contact with volunteers and paid staff for whom responsible
- Aims for continual improvement through personal skill development, seminars, and conferences
- Complies with Abundant Life Church policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Participates in staff chapels, meetings, retreats, and events as required by supervisor
- Provides excellent customer service to fellow staff, the church body, volunteers and the community
This is a full time position, with an annual salary range of $48,000-55,000, based on experience and education. ALC has a generous employee benefit package, including life and disability insurance, paid vacation, retirement match and employer
paid health insurance, including a HSA match.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this position and the level of work performed by the employee in this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties
to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.