The Media and Communications Director contributes to engaging worship services and resources staff and volunteers for ministry by maintaining, installing, and repairing the lighting, video, and sound systems operated by the Media Volunteer Staff. This role
will also assist in training volunteers to fulfill roles in these areas across all of FBCZ’s ministries for both the weekend Worship, midweek events, and Special Worship Experiences throughout the year. This person will be the primary contact for all tech
support calls for all venues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as project manager on all media and communication activities, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with FBCZ’s vision and branding.
- Keep the congregation fully informed about pertinent events and church news, acting as a conduit for information to be shared with the congregation and church staff.
- Oversee production of regular publications (including worship service programs, weekly eMessenger, monthly newsletter, visitor and ministry brochures and posters, signage, etc.) in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with FBCZ's vision
- Manage website and related collateral sites, keeping information accurate, up-to-date, and consistent with FBCZ’s vision and branding.
- Manage and keep up to date the digital sign.
- Manage online marketing tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking.
- Act as gateway and quality control check on all church communication products, including those produced within individual ministries.
- Consult with individual ministries concerning their communications and publications.
- Coordinate efforts to advertise church activities, functions, services and general information to the local community.
- Manage all media and communications related budget line items ensuring timely processing of billings and invoices.
- Oversee the operation, through staff and volunteers, of sound, lighting, projection and staging of all services and special events.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance, repair, and safeguarding of all audio/visual media and technology equipment, sound equipment.
- Supervise the audio/visual team in coordination with the needs of the church.
Key Competencies and Qualifications:
- Devoted Follower of Jesus Christ
- Ability to train and equip volunteers to run weekend services and midweek events.
- Ability to work on a team towards specific goals in edifying and supportive manner.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, be flexible, and work with little supervision.
- Strong Attention to Detail.
- Strong Communication Skills, both Verbal and Written.
- Commitment to and agreement with the statement of faith of FBC Zachary.
- It is expected that this person is an active member of FBC Zachary.
- Lifestyle must be in line with Biblical standards, including:
(a). Being a faithful giver as defined by the tithe.
(b). Not a partaker of alcohol.
(c). If married, living in a monogamous relationship with his or her spouse.
(d). If single, living a celibate lifestyle.
Experience with the following systems:
- Yamaha (Crossing) and Midas (Sanctuary) Digital Consoles.
- Digital Audio Networks (Dante).
- Familiar with Waves plugins, Digital Performer and/or Ableton Live.
- Jands and ETC Lighting Consoles.
- Lighting Networks (ETCNet, Pathport, Artnet).
- ProPresenter Media servers and graphics display systems.
- Adobe graphics and Video Suites.
- Final Cut Pro X proficient for editing and producing videos.
Salary Range and Benefits:
FBCZ's salary range is 40,000 - 55,000 per year with benefits (commensurate with experience), including health care coverage.