Woodland Community Church
9607 East State Road 70, Bradenton, FL 34202
Job Description for Worship Arts Associate Pastor Blended Service
This staff position shall be called the Worship Arts Associate Pastor.
The Worship Arts Associate Pastor is considered an extension of the Pastoral Ministry of Woodland Community Church. The Worship Arts Associate Pastor shall be under the direct supervision and leadership of the Lead Pastor and shall be responsive and accountable
to him in all matters assigned, keeping him informed concerning all phases of the work under his direct supervision. The Worship Arts Associate Pastor will also work closely with the Worship Arts Pastor and be under his leadership in creative elements related
to the Blended Service.
I. Sunday Worship Service
- Responsible for the recruitment and scheduling of personnel for choir, praise team, and band.
- Lead the choir and band rehearsal each week in preparation of the weekend service.
- Responsible for the service order, music selection, rehearsals, and music assembly for the choir, praise team, and band.
- Responsible for the music preparation and assembly for all song lyrics, backgrounds and message slides.
- Coordinate in conjunction with the Worship Arts Pastor the recruitment and scheduling of personnel for all technical areas - sound, lights, lyrics, and projection and set up/breakdown of this equipment on a weekly basis.
- Lead the sound checks of all service elements and provide weekly worship leadership for all services and special events as they arise.
- Coordinate the details of service elements and how they are presented including solos, videos, dramas, testimonies, dance, and visual displays.
- Oversee any additional rehearsal notes, music assembly, and personnel needed for all special elements.
- Use Logic software and create/program percussion tracks for congregational music and song specials as needed.
- Disciple choir, praise team, and band in growing spiritually including facilitating time of regular Bible study with them. Treat them as a small group community.
II. Praise Team and Choir
- Recruit choir members
- Hold auditions and assignments
- Rehearse weekly in preparation for services
- Schedule rotations
- Coordinate their participation in Special Events
The job description and performance of the Worship Arts Associate Pastor shall be reviewed annually, or more frequently, by the Lead Pastor and the Worship Arts Pastor.