Woodland Community Church
9607 East State Road 70, Bradenton, FL 34020 (941) 758-8588
Job Description for Worship Arts Pastor
This staff position shall be called the Worship Arts Pastor.
The Worship Arts Pastor is considered an extension of the Pastoral Ministry of Woodland Community Church. The Worship Arts Pastor shall be under the direct supervision and leadership of the Lead Pastor and shall be responsive and accountable to him in all
matters assigned, keeping him informed concerning all phases of the work under his direct supervision. Responsibilities include:
I. Sunday Contemporary Worship Service
- Responsible for the recruitment and scheduling of personnel for praise team and band.
- Lead the band rehearsal each week in preparation of the weekend services.
- Responsible for the service order, music selection, rehearsals, and music assembly for both the praise team and band.
- Responsible for the music preparation and assembly for all song lyrics, backgrounds and message slides.
- Coordinate the recruitment and scheduling of personnel for all technical areas - sound, lights, lyrics, and projection and set up/breakdown of this equipment on a weekly basis.
- Lead the sound checks of all service elements and provide weekly worship leadership for all services and special events as they arise.
- Coordinate the details of service elements and how they are presented including solos, videos, dramas, testimonies, dance, and visual displays.
- Oversee any additional rehearsal notes, music assembly, and personnel needed for all special elements.
- Use Logic software and create/program percussion tracks for congregational music and song specials as needed.
- Disciple praise team and band in growing spiritually including facilitating time of regular Bible study with them. Treat them as a small group community.
II. Praise Teams
- Hold auditions and assignments
- Rehearse weekly in preparation for services
- Schedule rotations
- Coordinate their participation in Special Events
III. Annual Budget and Expense Administration
- Analyze budget needs vs. resources
- Communicate with Pastor, Executive Pastor, and Church Finance Director
- Allocate and distribute funds for ministries within the Worship Ministry:
Drama, dance, visual arts audio and video needs.
IV. Supervision (Administer, Minister to, Organize and Spiritually lead the following):
- Praise Team and Band
- Drama Coordinators
- Dance Coordinator
- Visual Arts Coordinator
- Tech Crew: Lighting, Visual and Sound
V. Leadership Development
- Mentor and develop leaders and potential leaders of the ministry.
- Create a leadership pipeline of potential leaders in the Worship Arts ministry.
VI. Elementary and Preschool Choirs (KidzPraize)
- In coordination with the Children’s Minister, assist in overseeing the children’s choir program through providing musical resources for their use and coordinating times for them to be visible in worship service settings.