TITLE: Pastor of Youth and Family
ORGANIZATION: Bible Baptist Church
LOCATION: Shiremanstown, Pennsylvania
The mission of Bible Baptist Church is to grow disciples who go make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 6:7; Ephesians 4:11-24). Our mission clarifies our task and focuses our effort.
A cadence is the flow, sequence, or pattern of events or experiences. Our ministry cadence puts our mission to work by instructing and equipping every person to invest and engage with our mission. A disciples of Jesus Christ is converted by the Word of God
and committed to the work of God. We believe there are four characteristics of a converted and committed follower of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 4:11-12).
- A disciple gathers to celebrate the Gospel as a True Worshipper.
- A disciples grows by applying the Gospel as an Obedient Learner.
- A disciples gives to display the Gospel as a Humble Servant.
- A disciples goes to employ the Gospel as a Bold Witness.
REPORTS TO: Lead Pastor
SUPERVISES: All Youth Ministry and Family Ministry staff and volunteers
RELATES TO: The Staff and Congregation of Bible Baptist Church
The person in this position will work with the Lead Pastor to develop and coordinate all aspects of the Youth Ministry and Family Ministry. In particular, the Pastor of Family will provide spiritual leadership and oversight to the Family Ministry, including:
BBCKids, Oasis Youth Ministry, Thrive College Ministry, Men’s Ministry and Women’s Ministry. The Youth Pastor will provide spiritual leadership and oversight to the Youth Ministry.
This person must be able to recruit, administrate, and lead teams. They must be capable of managing a variety of responsibilities with flexibility and attention to detail.
The following describes many of the characteristic of the ideal candidate for the Pastor of Youth and Family:
Must have at least an undergraduate Bible degree.
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing relationship with Him.
- Wholeheartedly embrace the doctrine, mission, and worship philosophy of BBC.
- Be in agreement with the Constitution and By-Laws of BBC.
- Be in agreement with and function within the church governance model.
- Become a member of BBC.
- Meet the qualifications of an Elder as outlined in Acts 20:17-35; 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 6:10-12; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- Exhibit high view of role as ministry over a job.
- Be a man of integrity, above reproach in all areas both public and private.
- Be a role model and an example in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, and in purity (1 Timothy 4:12).
- Be self-motivated and disciplined, take initiative, and stay focused with limited oversight.
- Be mature and responsible.
- Be a proven leader who exercises positive influence.
- Be financially responsible.
- Be teachable, humble, and willing to be held accountable.
- Be married with neither he nor his wife having been divorced.
- Have a healthy marriage with a loving and supportive wife.
- Demonstrate respect, faithfulness, and loyalty his wife and children.
Experience & Skills
- Effective public speaker; able to communicate God’s Word with depth and application.
- Manage and works well with teams.
- Receive criticism humbly and handle confrontation wisely.
- Understand youth culture.
- Youth Ministry: 25-35 hours each week.
- Family Ministry: 10-15 hours each week.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE YOUTH PASTOR
The effective Youth Pastor will achieve the following goals:
- Work to integrate the mission of BBC into the Youth Ministry.
- Oversee the curriculum development and teaching schedule.
- Teach 75% of the time.
- Develop a consistent calendar of events and cycle of activities.
- Oversee the planning, promotion, and execution of activities and events.
- Provide leadership and training to all Youth Ministry volunteers and Student Leaders.
- Provide spiritual leadership and accountability in an effort to inspire and facilitate spiritual growth.
- Build healthy and appropriate relationships with students and their families.
- Equip students to be spiritually mature.
- Develop and delegate leadership opportunities.
- Regularly read books, blogs or articles related to youth ministry.
- Attend at least one conference each year related to youth ministry.
- Develop an annual Youth Ministry budget and remain in step with it.
- Regularly communicate with students and parents.
- Organize and promote events and activities effectively and thoroughly.
- Maintain contact information database and Medical Release Form catalog.
- Purposefully plan and carefully evaluate the Youth Ministry and your leadership.
- Utilize and delegate to office administrative staff.
GOALS AND EXPECTATIONS OF PASTOR OF FAMILY
The effective Pastor of Family will achieve the following goals:
- Supervise the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Oversee the Children’s Ministry by providing alignment, accountability, training, administration, and evaluation to the Children’s Ministry director, leaders, and curriculum.
- Oversee, maintain, and update a sustainable ministry to young adults and families in the areas of Biblical manhood, Biblical womanhood, marriage and parenting.
- Develop goals and objectives for the Family Ministry in line with Bible Baptist Church’s mission, vision, and Philosophy of Worship.
- Train all Family Ministry volunteers in the Bible Baptist Church Children & Youth Safety System.
- Provide spiritual leadership and accountability to the Family Ministry volunteers in an effort to inspire and facilitate spiritual growth.
- Regularly read books, blogs or articles related to family ministry.
- Attend at least one conference each year related to family ministry.
- Develop an annual Family Ministry budget and remain in step with it.
- Manage all administrative responsibilities related to the Family Ministry.
- Administrate, maintain, enforce and update the Children & Youth Safety System.
- Purposefully and carefully evaluate the Family Ministry.
If interested, please send Cover Letter and Resume to Kelly Stevens, Senior Church Administator at firstname.lastname@example.org.