The purpose of this position is to lead Student Ministries (High School and Middle School) according to the calling, commitments and practices of the church. Under the guidance of the Board of Elders and pastoral staff this position provides spiritual,
administrative and visionary leadership necessary to faithfully shepherd the students of Mission Hills Church.
- Oversees the organization, administration, curriculum, teaching and staff of Student Ministries.
- Creates and leads appropriate weekend and mid-week programs, leadership teams and activities for High School Ministry in accordance with church’s calling and commitments.
- Develops, creates and administrates annual calendar of events for Student Ministries in accordance with the church’s calling and commitments.
- Recruit, train, spiritually develop and care for ministry partners including teachers and small group leaders who are and will be actively involved in teaching, modeling, building relationships and offering supervision and direction to students.
- Responsible for the development and administration of annual budget for Middle School and High School Ministry.
- Seeks opportunities to mentor, disciple and shepherd the lives of students and to model Christian character and compassion in their surroundings and to the community.
- Fulfills Minister on Duty responsibilities which include providing counseling, wisdom and spiritual instruction to those in our church family and community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Is a member of Mission Hills Church and regularly attends the worship services.
- Endorses without reservation the Church’s Statement of Faith, calling, commitments, practices, code of conduct and behavior according to scriptural principals and the church’s overall ministry strategy.
- Endorses without reservation the Church’s Constitution.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college.
- Preferably possesses a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or seminary in an applicable religious discipline.
- Has 3 – 5 years of student ministry experience, preferred.
- Possesses the necessary people skills and leadership abilities to help direct and care for paid and volunteer staff of high school ministry.
- Possesses the gifts of leadership and administration; has a heart to reach students in our church and community; mature in their relationship with God and the ability to teach and equip them; has the
ability to manage people, care and equip volunteers, and administrate programs and ministries; has self-starting
personality that can communicate and connect with students and their families well; and is willing to let God use their unique life
experiences to minister to the Church body and target community.
- Embraces and can represent the calling, commitments and practices of Mission Hills Church for children and their families.
Must possess the able to function independently and the ability to speak and write on matters relating to spiritual maturity of God’s people and our community. Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require
prolonged periods of sitting, standing up and walking.