The Worship Director at Grace is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people. They should have a passion for music and the role it plays in congregational worship. They must be able to thrive in a team environment. They should have a strong
commitment to knowing God through His word and to helping others in their understanding of God.
- Lead a contemporary style worship service on Sunday mornings.
- Schedule and lead weekly worship team rehearsals.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in authentic and vibrant worship.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to plan the worship service.
- Schedule worship team members for all worship services.
- Recruit, schedule, develop, and mentor instrumentalists, and vocalists.
- Schedule special music when appropriate.
- Plan major seasonal and/or outreach musicals/dramas two to three times per year (i.e Christmas and Easter). Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Plan and provide oversight for special community events.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for Worship Ministry.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development time.
- Recruit and oversee an Audio/Visual Team.
- Update pre-service slides as needed.
- Work with the Youth Pastor to develop and maintain a teen praise team.
- Assist with church website/social media maintenance.
- Assist is producing church videos for baptisms, special events, etc.
- Lead a growth group (growth group may come from the worship team).
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our mission and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Participate in all aspects of congregational life including but not limited to growth groups, fellowship events, and evangelism/outreach opportunities.
- Be available for preaching, teaching, visitation, discipleship, counseling, etc. when needed.
- Able to lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Professional quality keyboardist or guitarist and vocalist.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Understand worship that is broader than music.
- Professional presence on the platform, with an ability to engage the heart of the people through music and words.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Able to effectively communicate God’s word in various settings.
- Character and lifestyle that is consistent with 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- A mature, growing follower of Christ with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
- Must have a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Understands the importance and necessity of confidentiality.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- In agreement with the doctrine, mission, and values of Grace.
- Salary is determined based on experience and qualifications.