Title of position— Associate Director of Mission and Justice Ministries
FLSA Classification – Exempt/Salaried
ACA Classification – Regular Full-Time
Supervisor—Director of Connectional Ministry
Job Summary: To lead the Indiana Conference ministry of Mission and Justice. Oversight, creation and implementation of programs and ministry that address global health concerns, serving with the poor and underserved populations, social
justice issues, and providing opportunities for people to be engaged in mission, advocacy and justice concerns.
- Lead, in partnership with the Conference mission team, the mission efforts of the Conference.
- In collaboration with other like-minded ministries and agencies in Indiana, develop and implement ministry for justice issues, such as the unequal treatment of individuals based on differing traits.
- In collaboration with other like-minded ministries and agencies in Indiana, develop and implement ministry for advocacy (i.e. speaking on behalf of or in support of those who are underserved or victims of abuse).
- Oversee the work and fulfillment of the Disaster Relief Team’s mission, to provide a caring Christian presence in the aftermath of disaster.
- Oversee the work and fulfillment of the United Methodist Volunteers in Mission – to support efforts by individuals and teams of volunteers within the North Central Jurisdiction who are invited by and work with the local host United Methodist Church or affiliated
agency to bring Christ’s healing to situations of need.
- Advocate and develop systems of fund development for mission, advocacy and justice ministries.
- Be financially accountable for the ministries for which you are responsible in collaboration with the director of Connectional Ministry.
- Work as a team player with other Associate Directors on the Connectional Ministry Team
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as necessary.
- Supervision of committee chairs and members of Missions Team, Transformative Mission Team, Disaster Relief Team, and VIM Team.
- Part-time staff – Associate Director of Mission, Advocacy and Justice.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
- Supportive of the mission and ministry of the United Methodist Church
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Indiana Annual Conference
- Cultural and global awareness
- Time management skills
- Effective and efficient use of time, talent and resources; high ability to prioritize
- Highly relational; high emotional intelligence
- Ability to lead a team and be part of a team
- Dependability and high degree of integrity
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Computer savvy
- Organizational skills
- A commitment to team ministry
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a four-year degree from an accredited learning institution
- A minimum of 5 years performing duties of a like-nature to the position described herein, or in a position wherein the skills and experience are deemed transferrable and relative
Work Environment and Travel Demands
This position’s function and duties are performed in a professional office environment. The role requires the use of common office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing (both physical and electronic) and fax machines. The
position requires attendance in the Indiana Conference Center at least two (2) days per work week.
While performing the duties of this position, travel may be required for up to 50 percent of the year. Ability to work remotely or in a virtual setting is required.
Application Materials Required
Interested applicants must complete and submit the following information to be considered:
- A letter of interest which includes the following:
1) What is it about the position of Associate Director of Mission and Justice Ministries that appeals to you the most?
2) Please share how you believe your past work experiences have prepared you for a role such as the one being offered?
3) Please share how you feel your personal values and beliefs align with those of the Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church?
- A current resume detailing qualifications
All resumes and information should be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than Friday, March 10, 2017.