Job Summary: To assist the Director of Connectional Ministry by providing leadership and oversight to connection ministry teams: Rules and Structure, Nominations, Archives and History, and provide a connection to our institutional ministries.
Also to serve as the Parliamentarian for the Annual Conference.
- Be a part of leadership, in partnership with the Conference Director of Connectional Ministry and in collaboration with other team members.
- Provide direct responsibility for Rules and Structure, Nominations, Archives and History conference teams.
- Reach out to the United Methodist Institutions in Indiana and provide a support and information link for collaborative ministry.
- Be present at the Annual Conference Session to provide parliamentary guidance as needed.
- Oversee and provide budgetary accountability for the teams over which there is direct responsibility, in collaboration with the director of Connectional Ministry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as necessary.
Supervision of committee chairs and members of Rules and Structure, Nominations, and Archives and History Teams
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
- Supportive of the mission and ministry of the United Methodist Church
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Indiana Annual Conference
- Cultural and global awareness
- Time management skills
- Effective and efficient use of time, talent and resources; high ability to prioritize
- Highly relational; high emotional intelligence
- Ability to lead a team and be part of a team
- Dependability and high degree of integrity
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Communication proficiency, both oral and written
- Computer savvy
- Organizational skills
- A team player
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a four-year degree from an accredited learning institution
- A minimum of 5 years performing duties of a like-nature to the position described herein, or in a position wherein the skills and experience are deemed transferrable and relative
Work Environment and Travel Demands
This position’s function and duties are performed in a professional office environment. The role requires the use of common office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing (both physical and electronic) and fax machines. This
position requires the ability to work virtually.
Application Materials Required
Interested applicants must complete and submit the following information to be considered:
- A letter of interest which includes the following:
1) What is it about the position of Assistant to the Director of Connectional Ministries that appeals to you the most?
2) Please share how you believe your past work experiences have prepared you for a role such as the one being offered?
3) Please share how you feel your personal values and beliefs align with those of the Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church?
- A current resume detailing qualifications
All resumes and information should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 10, 2017.