Presented by SlingshotGroup.org
Cross Points Church is looking for a worship pastor. We highly value worship and are looking for someone to lead the vision of heartfelt, Spirit led worship at Cross Points. The Worship Pastor is not only a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees
the worship ministries of Cross Points, he is one who creates a culture of worship beyond the Sunday morning worship environment.
If you are looking for a place to belong, we might be the church for you. We believe Jesus is the reason for everything and so we take seriously our call to live like and worship Him! We do life together. Each week day for the first 30-45 minutes of the
day our pastoral team meets for devotions. We read the Bible, worship, share stories and pray together.
Leading the worship ministry includes directing our community worship; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the lead pastor; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups throughout the church to use music and
the arts for worship; ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
This is a fulltime position.
Cross Points Church was founded in 1966. 2016 we celebrate our 50th anniversary. We are located in Shawnee, a suburb of Kansas City. Our average attendance is between 550. You may learn more about us online at ?www.crosspointschurch.com
1. Serve as a primary worship leader for the church.
2. Recruit and train musical talent (vocalists and instrumentalists) for Cross Points and our church plants.
3. Maintain a schedule of musicians and oversee their development as players and leaders.
4. Lead weekly rehearsals for worship team. 5.Seekouta?ndDevelopnewworshipleaders(?replacingyourself),havingmorethan one person leading worship on Sundays.
6. Develop loops and click tracks through LogicPro/Ableton Live to add to the worship experience.
7. Come alongside the Lead Pastor to give direction for our service programming teams (Creative, Tech, Audio, and Worship)
8. The Worship Pastor will oversee our parttime sound engineer and worship intern as well as vocal and band members.
9. Follow up with people that are interested in volunteering in the worship/media ministry.
10. Participate in weekly creative meetings to evaluate the previous service and plan future services.
11. Schedule a creative brainstorming meeting once a month to gather input and ideas from various individuals about upcoming series.
12. Participate in staff meetings, leadership retreats and provide evaluation and feedback to the staff.
1. Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
2. Be loyal to the vision and staff of Cross Points Church and always protect the unity of the church.
3. Pursue growth in the three vital relationships (c? onnecting with Jesus, committing to the? community of Cross Points, creating in order to reach the unchurched).