Delaware Grace Church Ministry Description (11-01-2016)
Position: Lead Pastor
Reports to: Elder Board – reports to the board as a board/team of Elders.
Position Requirements: 5 years or more of previous pastoral experience. Formal theological training (Masters of Divinity) preferred.
Summary: To give pastoral leadership to the church in line with biblical commands of our Lord to pastors, and to serve as the leader of pastoral staff and church ministries.
Preaching & Worship
- Responsible for organizing and master planning for preaching ministries. Team preaching with the other pastoral staff members or arrange special speakers where appropriate.
- Work with worship pastor to plan special services and events.
Overall Leadership and Vision
- Provide leadership for church vision and direction, getting input from various advisory groups and appropriate church leadership.
- Shepherd the DGBC elder board and develop future leaders for potential service as elders, deacons, and other positions within the church.
Pastoral Staff and Church Staff
- Shepherd pastoral and church staff, building unity and pursuing church goals in line with the biblical and constitutional policies of the church.
- Lead the church commitment to and practice of our Statement of Faith.
- Work with pastoral staff and elder board to appoint and manage a team of church and staff leadership for ministries of DGBC.
- Work with pastoral staff and elder board to develop a yearly budget.
- Be responsible to carry out the biblical mandates that relate to leading (Hebrews 13:7,17), rule or give oversight (1 Peter 5), shepherd (1 Peter 5:1-5), teaching (1 Timothy 3), equipping people for ministry (Ephesians 4:11-13), and being an example to
others in the church (1 Peter 5).
- Represent Delaware Grace within the Delaware community.
- Represent Delaware Grace within the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches.
- Lead Pastor is a member of the Elder Board