Please apply here: http://bit.ly/2lVcsBj
About the Organization:
Park Cities Baptist Church (PCBC) began with a mission of reaching people in North Dallas for the Lord. Over the summer of 1939, individuals who lived in the Park Cities area gathered with some neighbors and organized a new church. Since this time, PCBC
has been steadily accomplishing its missional strategy--to worship, connect, serve, and multiply. With a wonderfully diverse membership of over 10,000 people, the church family is marked by overflowing generosity resulting in hope for the hopeless through
global missions and outreach influence that runs deep into their city. The inexhaustible grace of Christ guides the people of PCBC to love and serve others.
- Weekly Attendance: 2,000
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Denomination & Affiliations: SBC and Texas Baptist (BGCT)
About the Position:
The Pastor of Ministries will lead all ministry staff in the implementation of the mission, values, strategy, and measures of Park Cities Baptist Church, while promoting disciple-making within the church and in the Kingdom of God. This position will identify,
strategize, and implement ideas so as to enable the ministries and staff of the church to operate more effectively.
This successful candidate will be a player-coach to staff, and a trusted executive member alongside the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor. They will maintain direct oversight of both ministry departments and ministry leadership in an organized, assertive,
and relational manner, while leading each area with a high sense of integrity and competency.
What We Are Searching For:
The ideal candidate for this role will possess 10-15 years of experience, preferably in a large church. This individual will not only have the capability to meet all desired expectations, but also ensure the following deliverables within the course of two
- Staff position strategically fulfilled, with each staff member operating at peak efficiency.
- Growth and excitement evident in young families, children, and student demographics.
- Senior Pastor is supported in a manner that optimizes his abilities and gifting.
- Effectively built personal rapport across the church body.
- Proficiently problem solving all ministry areas.
- Implementation of strategic ministry methodologies that set up Park Cities Baptist Church for success.
- Seek to lead discussion and implementation of Connect group alignment to support each hour’s worship venues.
Seminary trained ordained minister, preferably of Baptist denomination.
The successful individual’s qualifications will further speak to the following scope of skills and competencies necessary for the role:
- Ability to motivate, teach staff, and hold them accountable.
- Comfortable making tough decisions and translating them into action.
- A confidence that communicates through word and deed and has a demonstrated ability to serve, mobilize and lead a lay body to accomplish the mission of the church.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Capability to foster effective teamwork between staff and the church body.
- An effective builder of relationships.
- Highly adaptable and receptive to change.
- A multi-faceted style of leadership that ranges from pastoral to operational dynamics.
- A comprehensive understanding of leadership to lead the various ministers on how to shepherd their teachers and church body.
About the Location:
The ultra modern and sophisticated city attracts worldwide travelers, making the area the #1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas. Blend in moderate weather, year-round sports, and true Southern hospitality for a true 'taste' of the Dallas difference.
Its pioneering spirit and the philanthropic contributions of its residents continue to enrich the community and quality of life. It is the ninth-largest city and part of the fourth-largest metropolitan area in the nation. The price of an average house in the
immediate vicinity of Park Cities Baptist Church is close to one million dollars. However, further North in areas such as Richardson, Lake Highlands, and Plano, where many of the staff live, the median house price ranges from $225,000-$300,000. A majority
of this highly diversified city is comprised of Hispanics (41%), Caucasian (29.5%), African-American (24%), Asian, and multiple other races and ethnicities. The city is home to notable school districts and nationally prominent universities such as Southern
Methodist University (SMU), Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS), and Dallas Baptist University (DBU). The city also has an incredibly thriving business community with 16 Fortune 500 companies, which includes Exxon Mobil at #2 on the list. Big time sports in
the metroplex include the Dallas Cowboys (NFL), Dallas Stars (NHL), Dallas Mavericks (NBA), Texas Rangers (MLB), Nascar, and Indy Car Racing.
Please apply here: http://bit.ly/2lVcsBj