DIRECTOR OF FAMILY MINISTRY
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Ministry Area: Family Ministry
Employment Status: Full Time
The Director of Family Mistry is the accountable advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation. This
person is first an advocate for the young (children and youth) during their early Christian education. This person is first an advocate for the parents of these young people because they are in the greatest position to influence the young toward a life with
Jesus. This person is third, concerned for other mature adults because they have responsibility to provide Sticky Faith relationships through discipleship and mentoring of parents and young people, alike. As a Director, the Family Minister Leader will serve
on the CCC Executive Leader Team and will be expected to contribute to the overall leadership and development of the church.
Areas of Responsibility
The Director of Family Ministry will oversee the education and discipleship systems from birth through high school and to their parents.
- Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children and youth
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the nest.
- Ensure that ministry leaders connect regularly to the homes so parents experience a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children.
- Develop and expound a vision that leads to a focus on teaching Bible knowledge and demonstrating living Christian faith through the relational interaction between the pastor, other leaders and the young, keeping this within the 4 pistons of CCC.
- Develop and implement a plan for ongoing parent training and encouragement.
- Oversee training that leads parents into a biblical study to help them understand their role and responsibilities.
- Coach parents and children privately on specific issues in their family.
- Encourage intergenerational gatherings to help the young and all generations to recognize how God is working in the whole family of God.
- Work with the lead pastor and other ministry teams to ensure there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together in conjunction with family ministries, equipping and encouraging parents.
- Develop channels of resources that allow the parents to lead in their home in such a way that the church vision is maintained.
Outside the Walls
- Outline a specific path of serving outside the walls for all our kids and students, including local events and global mission trips.
Leadership Development and Supervision
- This position oversees the Kids Ministry Manager as well as the Student Ministry Manager and administration. Leadership development of these managers is a key part of the position.
- Daily supervision of the Family Ministry managers and administrator is required.
- As a team, the Family Ministry team will prepare strategic and tactical goals and action plans each year.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a church setting. A Bachelor's degree is required. Applicants must be capable leaders with a strong work ethic, and the ability to administrate as a Department (Ministry) director, including supervision
of others. Proficiency in computer tools such as Microsoft Office, Apple software, web based tools and basic database knowledge is essential. The ability to form and maintain positive interpersonal relationships is a must. A bilingual ability is considered
Compensation will be commensurate with responsibilities and experience. Package includes salary, paid vacation. Health insurance and retirement benefits.