Grace Fellowship UMC ("A House of Prayer for all Nations") is seeking qualified applicants for a vital role on the Student Ministry Team. Under the supervision of Student Pastor, the
Lead High School Director will be in charge of all aspects of high school ministry. Faithfully using the unique gifts that God has given him/her, the Lead High School Director will lead high school ministry staff, equip adult volunteers, and
disciple students in a journey toward God's heart. Student Ministry at Grace Fellowship ministers to nearly 350 participants each Sunday, hosts 30 different student small groups that meet every week, and is powered by 250 volunteers serving in different capacities.
Learn more about Grace Fellowship by visiting
Minimum qualifications for this role include:
- Devoted, contagious, growing follower of Jesus Christ
- Clear and compelling call to minister to high school students
- College degree from an accredited college/university
- 3-5 years of full-time experience as the point leader of a growing ministry
- Crafted gifting to teach God’s Word with depth and excellence
- Time-tested ability to plan and execute a wide scope of ministry activities, effectively engage and connect with a wide spectrum of students, disciple students, and multiply and equip teams of leaders to minister to students
- Desire for long-term, fruit-bearing ministry in Katy/West Houston
To best meet the needs of the ministry and to ensure chemistry/fit with the Student Ministry Team, personality/strengths evaluations as well as multiple reference checks will be a part of the process going forward.
More about the Katy community...
As the city of Houston expands westward, Katy has experienced rapid residential and commercial growth over the last few decades (an estimated 300,000+ people live in the Katy area). The city is well known for its exceptional school district, multiple shopping
centers, active community, and family-friendly neighborhoods. It is also consistently ranked to be one of the nation's best communities to live and raise a family.
If you meet the above qualifications, we would love to hear from you! Please send a cover letter, resume, and teaching sample to Jeff Tillson (Student Pastor) at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: The Search Team will be collecting resumes for several weeks before taking next steps in the process.