Austin Ridge Bible Church is one church with three campuses located in Austin, TX, and its surrounding area: Bee Cave, Southwest, and Dripping Springs. This position does not pay for relocation costs; for this reason alone, United States residents,
particularly Texas residents, are preferred.
JOB TITLE Worship ministry intern (Leader program)
Reports to Bee Cave Worship Pastor and Dripping Springs Campus Pastor
Status Part-time or Full Time
Compensation Commensurate with experience
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Worship Ministry Intern serves as the primary worship leader at Austin Ridge Bible Church’s Dripping Springs campus.
PURPOSE OF ARBC’S LEADER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
To further develop Christ-centered leaders and servants of the Kingdom committed to following God’s calling, wherever it may lead. The Worship Ministry strives to develop musically gifted leaders to think and lead pastorally, function creatively and administratively,
and possessing a love for the Church beyond their specific role.
- Is a growing disciple of Jesus Christ as evidenced by a consistent walk with Him
- Vocally skilled, with the ability to lead from guitar or keys
- Experienced in leading worship with a band comprised of adults and/or high school/college students
- Relational ability to seek out, train, develop, and care for volunteers
- Open to critique, correction, and a desire to learn
- Committed to a local church as evidenced by current involvement/activities
- A good fit with the Dripping Springs Staff and Austin Ridge Team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Primary worship leader at Austin Ridge Dripping Springs (DS)
- Lead and develop worship and tech (audio, ProPresenter) volunteers for DS
- Manage scheduling of DS volunteers and service planning using Planning Center (PCO)
- Work alongside Bee Cave Worship Staff and DS Ministries to assist with various needs during the week (i.e. Bible study worship needs, assist with Student Ministries, etc.)
- Learn systems and processes necessary for effective worship leadership (i.e. ProPresenter programming, PCO, Ableton, etc.)
- Agrees with and commits to ARBC’s Statement of Faith
- Is currently or is willing to become an active member of ARBC
- Must agree to and pass a background check
- Willing and available to work 20-30 hours per week, with an option of a 40-hour, full-time role to include benefits
- Under the overall guidance of the Elder Board and the Lead Pastor
- Reports directly to the Bee Cave Worship Pastor and Dripping Springs Campus Pastor
- Member of: Dripping Springs Ministry Team and Austin Ridge Bible Church Worship Team
The Worship Ministry Intern works closely with:
- Dripping Springs Campus Pastor and Staff
- Austin Ridge Tech and Production Staff
- Dripping Springs Worship Talent and Volunteers; Production Volunteers
LEADERSHIP TRAINING/MENTORING (Leader Development Program)
Along with daily mentoring with your supervisor, the intern will participate in leadership training with two Austin Ridge Intern Directors. In addition, the intern will be connected with a non-staff Austin Ridge member and meet bi-monthly.
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Approximately one year, to be formally evaluated every four months to ensure fit and help Intern progress within the Leader Development Program.