Job Title: Small Groups Director
Supervisor Title: Small Groups & Discipleship Pastor
Supervises: various volunteer groups
History of epikos
epikos began as a gathering of a few small groups in 2004 in the East Side Neighborhood of Milwaukee. With a “heart of go,” we saw the opportunity for Gospel-work throughout the Greater Milwaukee area. This passion led to the launch of the West Allis
Campus in June of 2012. Continuing with that mission, North Side was planted in August of 2016. Our approach into our work for the Gospel of Jesus Christ is remembering that we are joining God in what he has been doing in these areas long before he called
Distinctives of epikos
Our mission is to make more and better disciples. We do that through worship, small groups, and serving. God has given us a platform to lead in Milwaukee as a mega-church that is small (a church of small groups, not with small groups), focused on the
margins (heavy on college students, young professionals, blue collar, and urban), and disorganized (equipping the saints for the work of ministry without reliance upon the organization).
Small Groups at epikos church
Small groups are the backbone of epikos. We have nearly 100 groups that meet throughout the city with over 900 adults participating. Our hope is to see our church “grow big, stay small” by keeping small groups at the core of our discipleship plan.
We are a centralized small group system with all of our groups using curriculum based on our sermons, generally through books of the Bible. The person in this position will join the Small Groups and Discipleship team and will report to the Small Groups and
- Shepherding and monitoring small group leaders (50%) — We currently have 136 small group leaders. The Small Groups Director (SGD) will be the primary shepherd/coach for leaders.
- Recruiting and onboarding new small group leaders (15%) — As a growing church, we have a growing need for additional groups. The SGD will work to keep potential leaders in the pipeline by developing leaders who produce new
- Training Small Group Leaders (10%) — The SGD will facilitate quarterly training events for all leaders, along with new leader training throughout the small group season.
- Weekly communication with small group leaders (10%) — Creating a weekly communication piece for leaders containing information pertinent for small group meetings.
- Small Groups & Discipleship Team collaboration and contributions (10%) — Our team oversees all facets of the discipleship process at epikos, including baptisms, membership, and weddings. The SGD will contribute to these
processes within reason.
- Collaborate with community outreach committees (5%) — The SGD will help to provide service opportunities to our small groups by working with our campus-based committees.
- Shepherd’s heart capable of wise counsel
- Proven problem solver
- Teachable spirit
- Warm and winsome personality
- Experience in small group ministry preferred, but not required
Expectations for Connecting at epikos
- Participate in or lead a small group at epikos.
- Regularly engage in corporate worship at epikos.
- Become a Covenant Member of epikos.
- Tithe to epikos.
All ethnicities are encouraged to apply! Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will reply by March 22nd.