Olivet Presbyterian Church is a small, diverse, urban community church looking for a creative person, with a passion for youth and a heart for community. The ideal candidate will initiate and foster a connection between the church and the local community
and provide vision and leadership for church programs currently in place.
• Identify community needs
• Create, develop and implement programs designed to promote the church to the people of the surrounding community, with the goal of encouraging them to become active members of the church
• Provide leadership and vision for current church programs such as Sunday School, summer programs and Youth Group
• Recruit, train and organize volunteers to assist in the implementation and maintenance of these programs
• Assist in maintaining a social media presence
Education and Experience
• This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Theology or a related field and/or equivalent training and experience
• He or She should possess a documented ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals and teams of volunteers
• Excellent written, verbal and computer skills are essential
• Fluency in Spanish, experience with conflict management and contemporary music a plus
The Family and Youth Outreach Minister must embrace the essential tenets of the Reformed Tradition. He or she must believe in the message of our church and be able to share it with the community. He or she must be a strong leader who can motivate volunteers
and be sensitive to the needs of the diverse surrounding community.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com