The Next Gen Pastor will champion the next generation of leaders at Prairie Lakes Church. Will cast vision for and develop strategies to infuse the Orange Ministry philosophy throughout all family ministries at Prairie Lakes Church. A leader of leaders
who coordinates and leads staff and volunteer teams who deliver engaging ministry from infant through high school. Will be the guardian of the DNA of family ministry. Fights for strategic alignment among all programs and age groups of Family Ministry. Will
define and protect a holistic discipleship strategy and insist on healthy transitions from one developmental stage to another. The Next Gen Pastor will be committed to and support the philosophy and mission of Prairie Lakes Church and its Directional Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as the leader for Next Gen Ministry at the Cedar Falls Campus (includes Wee Kids, Kidventure, FX, and Student Ministry), including the management of Family Ministry staff and programming.
- Lead, oversee and communicate the vision for Family Ministry to leaders and volunteers based on the Orange ministry model.
- Lead parents to become confident and equipped in their role as primary disciple makers of their children.
- Develop a Family Ministry calendar and budget for all Family Ministry at the Cedar Falls Campus that requires collaboration and healthy transitions between developmental stages.
- Collaborate, support and assist where needed in the development and execution of Family Ministry at multisite campuses.
- Coordinate and ensure the execution of all programming and production activities and events involving middle and high school age students at the Cedar Falls Campus.
- Recruit, train, coach and develop the Student Ministry volunteers needed to implement and maintain the effectiveness of ministry.
- Regularly attend school events and activities and be the face of Prairie Lakes Church Family Ministry in the community.
- Teach regularly in various Family Ministry environments, including serving as a primary communicator for middle and high school ministry on Wednesday nights.
- Assist with the pastoral work of the church as assigned by the campus pastor. This will likely include shepherding and care of the campus congregation as well as conducting weddings, funerals and child dedications as assigned.
For the complete job description, please visit our website, www.prairielakeschurch.org