Children’s Ministry Area Leader Opportunity
In a Large Multi-Staff Church
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY AREA LEADER
Lincoln Berean Church
Lincoln Berean Church (LBC) is located in Lincoln, Nebraska, which is the capitol city of Nebraska. It is a vibrant, growing college town of 300,000; has an active arts, sports and music community; and, was recently rated one of the top cities in America
for young entrepreneurial start-ups. Lincoln Berean Church is a healthy, growing church through whom God is reaching and transforming thousands of lives. With a weekly attendance of approximately 4000, LBC seeks to fulfill the mission statement:
To glorify God by seeking to present every person complete in Christ. “Berean” comes from Acts 17 and underscores our strong commitment to a solid biblical foundation and to continual, effective and relevant biblical teaching.
I. OFFICIAL TITLE: Children’s Ministry Area Leader
II. REPORTS TO: Staff Directional Team Leader for Children’s Ministries (Bryan Clark, Senior Pastor)
III. POSITION: Full-Time, Salaried Pastor
IV. BASIC ASSUMPTIONS
- Has a growing, personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrated in character and as outlined in I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Has a humble and teachable spirit born out of security in Christ and with an accurate understanding of God-given capacity.
- Lives a life of dependence on the Holy Spirit and faith as demonstrated in prayer life and personal experience.
- Has a vision for both reaching the lost and for developing, encouraging, discipling and inspiring children to grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Understands and lives by an equipping ministry model and has the people skills necessary to build a leadership team and trains leaders for ministry.
- Believes in and is able to articulate a team-based philosophy of ministry for leadership and service.
- Is an effective self-starter.
- Is in agreement with the basic doctrinal positions of Lincoln Berean Church.
- Has a love, passion and burden to impact children.
V. POSITION SUMMARY
The Children’s Ministry Area Leader (MAL) is challenged to create and lead a cutting-edge Children’s Ministry to equip children to flourish in a 21st century culture, in partnership with the parents. We expect a high emphasis on grounding children
in the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith and what it means to live out those beliefs in practical ways. Our desire is that both Christian and non-Christian parents would find LBC’s Children’s Ministry attractive for equipping children to live
responsibly in a confusing and increasingly more dangerous culture.
VI. POSITION-FIT DESCRIPTIVES
- Visionary leader
- Strategic thinker
- Proven team builder
- Experienced implementer
- Passionate for Children’s Ministry in the local church
VII. MINISTRY AREA RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversee and lead the whole of Children’s Ministry (birth through 5th grade). This would include Sunday School, Wednesday Night Clubs, Vacation Bible School and all other activities and events.
· Lead, shepherd and oversee all Children’s Ministry Staff.
· Create and implement a comprehensive vision for Children’s Ministry.
· Recruit, train, and shepherd Children’s Ministry leaders, teachers and workers.
· Select and implement children’s curriculum in alignment with the direction of the LBC Elder Board, providing a strong Sunday School curriculum focused on the foundational doctrines of the Christian faith.
· Collaborate with the Youth Ministry MAL to create a coordinated journey into middle school.
· Create a church-wide value for the importance of investing in and celebrating our children.
· Create and manage the Children’s Ministry annual budget.
VIII. CHURCH-WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Regularly participate in the overall life of the Body at Lincoln Berean, cultivating an atmosphere of unity and encouragement among all ministries, staff and attendees.
· Faithfully attend and participate in all LBC staff meetings, functions and community-building opportunities.
· Fully agree to the terms of employment and other employee policies as outlined in the
LBC Employee Handbook.
· Joyfully serve as an LBC ministry staff person in various other areas on an as-needed basis:
Assist with hospital visitation.
Officiate weddings and funerals.
Be available for appointments and calls in the office.
IX. SELECTION CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Children’s Ministry experience leading in a large multi-staff church
· Specific academic training in children’s education and/or ministry (B.A. or higher)
X. INTERVIEW AND SEARCH PROCEDURE
The Staff Directional Team Leader who oversees this ministry area will determine the interview and search
procedure in accordance with Board policy.
XI. HOURS, REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
See “Staff’ section of Employee Handbook.