SUMMARY OF POSITION: The primary focus of this position is to work with the Discipleship team and all other VCC teams to creatively assimilate people into service and community life. This person will be responsible to create teams of volunteers
and a pathway to assimilate people from their first steps on the church campus to intentional assimilation entry points that provide environments for spiritual growth and transformation. This person will be responsible for tracking where people are on their
spiritual journey path through processes and key metrics. This position requires strong leadership, team building/recruiting volunteers, administration, excellent people skills and an ability to cast vision in a fast paced environment. This is a highly innovative
and vital role to the health of Venture Christian Church.
- Responsible for strategic planning, setting goals and objectives for a comprehensive Church wide assimilation process
- Develop and lead a dynamic Assimilation Team of volunteers that runs Guest experience, Guest center, Coffee shop, Discover Classes and key programming that generate multiple sticking points for people to serve and connect in community
- Oversee assimilating people into small groups, collaborating with the SG leadership team
- Provide Innovative and collaborative opportunities with all VCC ministries to intentionally guide people towards service and community
- Work closely with the Discipleship pastor, Key staff, project managers, administrative support to accomplish strategic plan
- Give leadership and provide key tracking and reporting of people through the church CRM
- Align the assimilation process to the VCC vision/ mission, core purpose and values
- Set goals, clear objectives with timelines and metrics that support VCC’s strategic plan
- Develop and train strategic teams who are highly relational, clear communicators that have a heart for customer service and the importance of connecting people to service and SG communities
- Creating intentional assimilation points that reach the unique demographics and life stages of people coming to Venture
- Responsible for the development and the stewardship of an annual budget
- Collaborate with all VCC teams for continuity and alignment of assimilation process ministry wide
- Provide strong leadership, direction and pastoral care for the Assimilation Team
- Partner with communication team, innovation team while utilizing technology, website and branding to make Venture an easy place to navigate and connect. Work with Building Renovation Team to help make the campus flow and create community spaces.
- Participates with Minister On-Call/Crisis calls
- Manage team members by leading in a positive and professional manner by providing spiritual support, leadership, on-going communication regarding performance, organization/church updates and continuous training to improve overall team and individual performance.
- Lead and support overall Churches policy and procedures to meet employment requirements.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports to ensure meeting the accounting staff including establishing staff objectives that align to the church and school overall objectives, goals and policy.
- Oversee daily compliance of department policies and procedures for direct reports including communication to other departments.
- Perform some pastoral functions and other duties as assigned
- Strong written and leadership communication skills
- Positive, inspiring, team work attitude
- Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistics tools and approaches to work
- Strong project management ability including problem solving skills and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Experience in conflict resolution using good judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to recruit, train and develop a strong team and volunteer leader
- Natural relationship and team leadership ability
- Ministry and/or customer service management background preferred
- Articulates and models a Christ Centered Life consistent with scripture
- Ability to embrace the vision and be a member of Venture Christian.
- Actively engaging in the life of the church and ministry outside the daily time at work. B.I.O. = Before God | In Community | On Mission… for the Glory of God.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk;; and reach with hands and arms. The ability to lift 20 lbs., open filing cabinets and bend or stand or climb on step ladders as necessary.
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Thursday / 40+ hours per week… including weekend services and other events to meet position requirements