Job Title: Students Worship Pastor
Status: Full-time –
Supervisor Title: Lead Students Pastor
Job in a paragraph
This position is designed to help shape the culture of worship at FS Students to be engaging, cutting edge, and glorifying to God. The Student worship pastor sets the direction of music style, and auditorium feel for FS Students. Along with leading FS
Students worship you will join the main worship service either as a worship leader, vocal, or musician 40 times a year.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Working together with the students team to program Wednesday night services which may include service order, song selection and creative elements.
- Developing student musicians and singers which may include trainings, coaching, and discipleship.
- Creating the presentation for FS Students which includes Ableton and Pro Presentor.
- Scheduling production/tech for FS Students both on Wednesday nights and special events.
- Help plan and participate in all FS Students events, retreats, and camps.
- Provide leadership, oversight and development to volunteer teams
- Assist leaders in goal setting, evaluation and accountability
- Function as a team member of the FSC staff, utilizing gifts and abilities, to contribute to the effectiveness of the overall ministry of FS Students.
- Stay current with culture as it relates to style of both church and secular markets in areas of music and music technology.
- Leading a youth small group.
- Join main worship service by leading or playing an instrument 40 weekends a year.
Leadership Development and Strategic Planning
- Infuse the DNA of FSC into every area of your team.
- Equip your team with the tools necessary to accomplish department goals.
- Continually train volunteer leaders on effectively reaching and ministering to students.
- Recruit new members to the worship and production teams to grow the ministry.
- Identify areas of the ministry that can be run and developed by volunteer leaders.
- Support and collaborate with Next Gen Pastor to develop a growth strategy for FS Kids to prepares and expand ministry opportunities for the future
- Research and be knowledgeable of growth and expansion trends and provide leadership for new proposals
- Evaluate organizational structure periodically and implement new strategies for growth
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Compassionately care for your staff, volunteer team, and students during significant life events.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the vision of FSC.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of FSC and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to FSC.
- College Degree Preferred
- Previous experience in leading worship.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must be willing to abide by our employee code of conduct and personal standards for living.