The Church at Rancho Bernardo (CRB) is a thriving non-denominational congregation with over 2,000 in weekly attendance, located in North County San Diego, California. With a vision and mission to lead people to know and love Jesus, CRB is committed to presenting
the ageless wisdom of God’s Word in a creative, yet straightforward way in each of their four weekend services.
The Church at Rancho Bernardo prides itself on not being a traditional church, but one that will serve as a snapshot of it surrounding community; a community that is both multicultural and multi-generational, and loves Jesus as well as each other. CRB has
a strong commitment to community outreach and is heavily engaged in top priority issues for the city, such as homelessness and human trafficking. Poised for tremendous growth, CRB is excited about hiring a Junior High Pastor to support their current growth
and reach to young families.
CRB is seeking a Junior High Pastor to serve as a teacher, communicator, and leader. This person should be a big picture thinker and leader with the ability to self-manage yet at the same time work with a team. They will have a teachable spirit and have
respect for those in leadership and a passionate love for God’s church. This individual will be able to see what needs to be done from start to finish in a weekend service and with their ability to run a ministry; oversee staff within the inner workings of
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a ministry setting that is both multicultural and multi-generational. The candidate will have had experience working as an effective weekend communicator and leader of a large ministry
team, with the responsibility of providing vision and mobilizing to both volunteers and leaders. The successful Junior High Pastor candidate will have had some level of experience (1-3 years) working with students.
Success in this role will be determined by:
- A trusting, authentic, and approachable rapport built with church leadership, students, parents, and congregation.
- A well-developed, task oriented volunteer base in the ministry, who passionately and authentically relate to the student demographic
- Maximized gifts within the staff and volunteers of the ministry.
- Increased number of activities that engage connectivity across the students in the community.
- Spiritual development among students, and evidenced throughout the ministry.
- Community and local school partnerships with the church have been developed, and are flourishing, and expanding.
- Growth reflected through an increased number of students attending ministry programs.