Faith Covenant Church is seeking a Minister of Worship to join our team.
Our church is looking for a God-honoring, Christ-loving, Spirit-led leader who…
…can grow and develop the Worship Ministry of FCC to glorify God by leading His people to give Him the praise He is due.
…can develop a Ministry of Worship, Arts, and Praise within our church body that develops the spiritual gifts and artistic talents of instrumentalists, vocalists, and various other artists in all age groups.
…can enhance our congregation’s appreciation for Worship, Arts, and Praise and lead this community to develop a greater desire for worship among its members.
…can become a leader who will help FCC grow to another level of size, strength, and effectiveness in reaching our city, region, and the world with the Gospel.
The Minister of Worship will work with the Lead Pastor to lead our congregation to gather God’s people into worship and spur them on to spiritual growth. He will be the catalyst behind leading our congregation in meaningful praise and worship each week
and provide ministry outlets for those interested in expressing worship and praise through the arts. The Minister of Worship will also create special programs and ministries that help children, youth and adults grow in their artistic abilities so that what
we offer to God is excellent because excellence honors God and inspires people.
Character, Gifts, Heart, and Abilities
An ideal candidate will demonstrate the following character qualities, gifts, passions, and abilities:
- Be a Lead Worshiper. His or her ability to lead others to worship and praise the Lord comes from their own desire to lead a life that is an offering of worship to God
- A passion for leading God’s people to worship Him and praise His name
- Experience organizing and leading a contemporary style of worship
- Personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of his or her ministry calling
- Strong communication and team-building skills
- A vision for young lives that manifests itself in a desire to create a comprehensive, intra-generational music ministry that develops the God-given artistic gifts and abilities of the entire church including children and adolescents
- Musically gifted and trained to use instrumentation in leading worship
- A growing theology of and practice of Christ-centered worship
- Experience organizing and leading a contemporary style of worship and praise
- A servant’s heart that will assist other ministry leaders in church-wide events when needed
- A shepherd’s heart that will seek to meet the spiritual and emotional needs of his or her ministry team by building vibrant relationships with the members of the worship ministry
- An appreciation for music of different styles and eras of church history
Specific Functions of the Ministry of Worship
Above all, every minister on the team at FCC is expected to have a Servant’s Heart. We all step in and do many things that are not specifically tied to a specific job description. With that said, there are certain things that the Minister of Worship is
- Spend quality time with the Pastor and Elders to learn their heart and vision for worship
- Spend quality time with the Lead Pastor to cast vision and create purpose for each worship service
- Spend quality time with worship ministry team members either in groups or as individuals for the purpose of encouragement, fellowship, development, shepherding, and mentoring
- Direct the planning, coordination, and execution of each worship service to achieve the purpose agreed upon in planning with the creative team
- Assist the Lead Pastor in the evaluation of each worship service
- Select music in keeping with the theology, vision and values of FCC
- Lead and coordinate praise bands, soloists, musical specials or guests, and other artistic elements of the worship service
- Lead in creating and maintaining a cohesive worship team and/or council. Seek input from team members in matters such as goal setting, evaluation, leadership, equipment, facilities, finances, and administrative procedures.
- Serve as the lead worshiper in worship services, giving direction to the congregational singing and other phases of worship unless this is delegated to another individual
- Recruit, train and oversee an Audiovisual Team who will be responsible for all audio and visual needs
- Oversee maintenance of the music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, sound equipment, visual equipment, and other equipment useful in the worship ministry
- Prepare an annual music budget reflecting the needs of the entire music program. Administrate the budget once it is approved by the church
- Assist in the selection and provision of appropriate music for weddings, funerals, special projects, and other church-related activities if the need arises
- As time permits, oversee the consistent planning and direction of special worship events that will help FCC grow as a worshiping body. Plan, organize, and promote worship events, concerts, retreats, workshops, clinics, and other special programs to enhance
and grow the worship ministry.
- As time permits, engage in consistent and effective music-related ministry to children and youth that will help the church discover and develop their artistic gifts and perhaps lead them into a lifetime of ministry
- All of the responsibilities mentioned above will be evaluated and prioritized in light of time and talent
WHO WE ARE
Faith Covenant church is a vibrant and growing congregation on the High Plains of Texas. Borger is a small town (pop. 13,000) 50 miles north of Amarillo. We are actually closer to Colorado Springs, Denver, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Oklahoma City than
Dallas! Borger is a great place to raise a family.
Faith Covenant Church is blessed to have a broad spectrum of Christ followers from all age groups. The largest and fastest growing portion of the congregation at FCC is young families. FCC is a gracious, generous, loving, and exciting community of believers.
Please see our website at faithborger.com or check us out on facebook.
The Minister of Worship will be the first that Faith Covenant Church has ever had, so there will be tremendous opportunity for vision, growth and developing a worship ministry from the ground up. A man or woman looking for an opportunity to grow a worship
ministry that fits their personal vision, gifts, and passions would be given the chance to do so in line with the vision and values of FCC.
Faith Covenant Church is a non-denominational Bible Church. It was founded in 1968. FCC has always been known for a strong emphasis on Bible teaching and ministry to younger generations. A bigger emphasis on Worship Ministry is a more recent development
in the history of the church. FCC has grown from 35 in attendance to an average of 250 in the previous 10 years with great potential for growth. The Student Ministry and Children’s Ministry regularly see 150-175 combined on Wednesday nights.
If you feel that God may be calling you to join us and lead us as we fulfill our God-given vision and live our Scripture-inspired values, then we invite you to send your resume and a video link of you leading worship to:
Hours and Compensation
This is a full-time position with a competitive financial compensation
- The Worship Minister is free to use church equipment and facilities for music lessons, voice lessons, etc. to add to their income
- Office space and office equipment are provided
- Money will be budgeted for professional growth to be used at the Worship Minister’s discretion