First Baptist Church is a ministry with a long established history in our community of Charlotte. We are a loving church family that desires to grow in our relationship with God. We also desire to make a greater impact in our community and around the world.
There is a renewed excitement at First Baptist Church and we are fired up about all that the Lord is doing. Currently we have between 350 and 400 in regular attendance and we are looking for the right person to come on board and partner with us as we continue
The next Children's Pastor at FBC must be passionate about making disciples and doing life with kids. Must be gifted in leading team members, partnering with parents, and being motivational in nature. Must be able to create a dynamic ministry environment that
draws children and their families into relationship with one another and with the Lord.
We are looking for somebody who has been clearly called by the Lord to serve and work with children (the oversight if this position includes newborn through 6th grade). Ministry is about relationship, so we believe the right candidate will be
comfortable with a long term commitment. If your desire is to serve in this capacity for a year or two then move on to a different church or different role, then please don’t apply. We are looking to partner with somebody long term.
- As a member of the pastoral team, contribute strategically to the mission and vision of the church.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor and/or Discipleship/Executive Pastor, in the direction and development of the Children’s ministry.
- Recruit, equip, mobilize and lead teams in the areas of discipleship and children ministries.
- Will be required to take on responsibility for FBC Upward Basketball program, the VBS program as well as other regular ministry outreach endeavors.
- Develop, execute and maintain a philosophy of ministry, ministry plan, strategies, and ministry budget.
- Develop and implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and growth of the children’s ministry.
- Model discipleship and be responsible for producing disciples and disciple-makers.
- Be willing to lead an FBC Life group pertaining to the Children’s ministry.
- Other pastoral responsibilities such as providing pastoral care (including counseling), and participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, church events, meetings, visitation, etc. as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, events, etc.
- This Pastor will be required to be at all church services unless otherwise coordinated with Senior Pastor.
- Other related duties as required by the Senior Pastor.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in area of biblical studies or related field.
- 3 years minimum of experience working in a growing children’s ministry.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and implement a ministry plan.
- Demonstrates the ability to build, lead and motivate teams. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and a ministry budget.
- Ability to respond to difficult situations/crises and be sensitive to the needs of others while maintaining a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and a desire to serve.
- Must be able to encourage, teach and practice the Matthew 18 model of conflict resolution.
- Very good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, internet, use of smart phone and technology.
- Able to support and promote FBC’s mission, vision and values.
All questions, inquiries, and resumes must be channeled through the email provided below. We will send a confirmation that your resume and or questions have been received. After we have reviewed all information you will receive updates and follow up instructions
if you are selected to move on in the process. Please do NOT call the church, and do not attempt to contact through our website. We will not consider any applicant that attempts to do so.
Please submit all resumes/inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org