Beyond Grace Fellowship is looking for it's next Worship Arts Pastor. We are a healthy and growing Non-denominational church that is committed to modern, guitar driven worship. This position is excellent for someone who is passionate and talented but lacking
in experience. We have a great team and wonderful support. Though the position is part-time we are hopeful that it will grow into a full time position. Please be proficient in leading worship with a guitar and able to play with and lead a worship team. If
interested, please send us a resume and a link to you singing and playing your favorite worship song to email@example.com.
Below is a job description.
WORSHIP ARTS PASTOR
Position Objective: To provide leadership to the worship ministries of Beyond Grace Fellowship Church
Position Description: The worship arts pastor will be the “producer” of each worship service and special programs. Although the senior pastor is the “director” in terms of setting the theme and overall direction, the worship pastor will
oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses. The worship pastor must be a visionary who is creative and passionate about leading people into an encounter with the Living God. They must be a leader who can communicate a direction in a
way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision.
This is a part-time position that reports directly to the Lead Pastor. Beyond Grace Fellowship is committed to modern worship and creative expression.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to a life lived by Grace.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Beyond Grace Fellowship.
- Ability as a worship leader beyond musical ability.
- Be in agreement with the Beyond Grace Fellowship statement of faith.
- Leadership/Administrative abilities are a plus.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a church in worship
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental performance and direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- An understanding in the use of technology in worship, including sound, lighting, computers, and video projection.
- A self-starter who needs minimal supervision.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Maintain a healthy grace-filled spiritual life through an active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Build relationships with people inside and outside the church, sharing your passion for worship.
- Build and maintain the necessary teams to carry out the worship ministry of Beyond Grace Fellowship
- Maintain licensing for copyrighted worship music used at Beyond Grace Fellowship.
- Plan the corporate worships services of Beyond Grace Fellowship in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of
the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation, and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, and vocalists as needed.
- Oversee scheduling of and communication with worship leaders, worship team members, and audio/visual technicians for Sunday Worship, utilizing tools such as worshipplanning.com or other tools that are helpful.
- Participate in most worship services, but allowing others to lead as needed to develop other leaders.
- Recruit new worship ministry volunteers.
- Provide coaching and oversight of the training of volunteers.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services.
- Introduce worship teams to training provided by outside sources (books, conferences, etc…)
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
- Lead some form of spiritual development at every rehearsal
Weekly Time Expectations: Part-Time
Sunday Worship Services 4-5 hours
Weekly Rehearsal 2-3 hours
Prep work for worship 4-5 hours
Meeting with Senior Pastor 1 hour
Training Mentoring (Help as needed outside rehearsal) 2 hours
Administrative Duties/scheduling 2 hours
Average Total weekly hours 14-19 hours