Community of Grace Church
2240 Cranbeck Rd. North Chesterfield, VA 23294
Community of Grace Church in Richmond, VA is looking for a new worship leader to help give vision, passion and leadership to the music ministry. We have a new pastor and are looking to enliven our worship and re-engage our community with the gospel of Christ.
Position: Worship Leader
Job Type: Part-Time (paid) - approx. 10 hours/week
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Primary Responsibility: To lead and grow the music worship ministry at Community of Grace.
The Worship Leader is passionate about bringing others into a place of worship to God that brings attention to our God and Savior Jesus Christ. It is someone who has the various abilities, talents and training that can help teach and lead other musicians
and singers in praise. It is someone who is able to thrive in a team environment; someone who is up to date on current expressions of music and also hymns of the past; and someone who can show an example of Christ in their life and all that they do.
- Continue to grow and mature as a follower of Jesus in order to be a model and mentor to those around them.
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion for Community of Grace in the area of music worship ministries that is in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of CGC.
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create and lead a well-planned and engaging Sunday worship service.
- Schedule, lead and prepare appropriate rehearsals with the Worship Team.
- Lead the Worship Team in a way that fosters a strong sense of community among all musicians and vocalists.
- Recruit, schedule, and develop volunteer instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Develop presentation slides for use during worship and assist with lighting, sound, and presentation software when needed.
- Continue honing musical proficiency for worship settings.
- When available, attend staff meetings and other meetings as needed.
- Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship for special events outside of Sunday worship services (i.e. Easter, Christmas Eve, Communion, Outreach etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Elder Council.
- Proficiency to lead worship both vocally and with a guitar and/or keyboard. Able to read music and develop musical arrangements.
- Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Desire to serve as Christ served with humility, compassion and grace.
- Skilled in organization, administration, interpersonal relationships and communication.
- Skilled (or willingness to learn) with technology in worship (sound, lighting, computers, presentation software, and video projection).
- Ability to engage the heart of the congregation through music and words.
- Growing knowledge and appreciation of sacred and secular music from the past and present.
- In full agreement of Community of Grace Church’s statement of faith.
Please submit your resume, including 3 references, to email@example.com using
“Attention: Worship Leader Search Committee” as the subject line of your email. Also, please include any media or links that highlight your abilities.