The Early Childhood Program Leader leads the Early Childhood Program Development Team on the Livermore Campus. The Early Childhood Program Leader oversees Early Childhood large and small group programming, adaptation of curriculum, development/mentoring
of volunteer teams, and the processing of program supplies/resources.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and develop positions for unpaid staff and volunteers for program and curriculum preparation.
- Invite volunteers to participate in various roles of kids’ ministry.
- Train and mentor large groups of unpaid staff and volunteers so that they are empowered and equipped to do effective ministry.
- Connect with kids and parents to build a relationship with them enabling opportunities to equip parents to lead their kids spiritually.
- Regularly communicate with Livermore Early Childhood Kids Lead on vision, needs, strategies, and other information to enhance Early Childhood program and curriculum.
- Ensure that curriculum and programming elements are available for Livermore leaders as well as other Cornerstone Fellowship campuses.
- Work with CF Kids Teams to make resources available to parents of Early Childhood aged kids. (Website, Print Media, Social Media, etc…)
Early Childhood Curriculum Team Leadership
- Create, adapt and write effective and age/developmentally appropriate curriculum for Early Childhood Small group leaders to encourage and maximize effectiveness of ministry. Including, but not limited to teaching, modeling, training, developing and planning.
- Coordinate with staff (paid & unpaid) in the preparation of supplies, room set-up and restocking for the weekend Early Childhood program.
- Manage and oversee Early Childhood Large group programming.
- Build, empower and equip the Early Childhood teaching team to assist in adapting/writing Bible stories and lessons, gather props and oversee set design and scheduling of large group team members.
- Ensure new volunteers joining an Early Childhood team have a solid understanding of their role, the ministry expectations, and ministry culture.
- Ensure all curriculum (including specials events) best fits our kids’ needs, building options and time limitations.
- Lead, orchestrate and plan community-building events for Early Childhood Programming and Curriculum Teams.
- Lead the Early Childhood Programming team in curriculum support for Kids Ministry Events (VBS, Parents Events, Trainings, Team Gatherings, etc…)
- Through campus visits and meetings with specific CF Kids campus leads become familiar enough with unique facility and program limitations when it comes to curriculum modifying and writing.
- Will be the multisite curriculum expert for all campus locations.
- Be a resource when it comes to curriculum questions and training including availability for assistance in training leaders on all campus locations as needed.
- Work to centralize the development of curriculum when possible among all campus locations (i.e. lessons are written with multisite language, activities are planned that work in multiple contexts, when activities don’t work in a specific context the lesson
clearly communicates this understanding, etc..)
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A solid walk with Christ, prayer, and bible study. Spiritual and emotional maturity.
- Passionate for seeing kids grow in their walk with God.
- Ability to relate to kids and adults.
- Model humility and hard work.
- Flexibility as ministry demands shift.
- Computer skills, including but not limited to Word, spreadsheets, website management, Dropbox, Google Drive, and ProPresenter.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with others regardless of age or gender.
- Strong understanding of developmentally appropriate practices.
- Good sense of humor.
- These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of your job requirements and other skills, the job description can be amended at the discretion of your immediate supervisor.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by management
Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our church, please visit us at www.cornerstoneweb.org