Current Classification: Full-Time, Salaried
FLSA Status: Ministerial/Exempt
The Middle School Minister will oversee and coordinate all areas in the preteen and middle school ministry from 5th to 8th grade. This person’s direct supervisor is the Director of Spiritual Life and Missions.
The mission of the Preteen and Middle School Ministry is to provide a safe and exciting place for preteens to experience Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be discipled in obedience to Him, and be equipped to serve Him.
- Lead the Preteen and Middle School Ministry as the church seeks to awaken a generation to the glory of God and instill a deep-rooted faith in the lives of preteens and middle school students.
- Remain current on curriculum and other ministry trends in the area of children ministry. This may be accomplished by online course study, reading books and periodicals, and attending approved training and events and peer-to-peer networking.
- This role is responsible for the oversight and planning of all preteen and middle school age ministries.
- Develop a core leadership team to help plan and lead in the preteen and middle school age ministries.
- Identify, recruit, train and equip volunteers as we strive to develop spiritually healthy homes, and awaken a generation to the glory of God.
- Develop in the students a commitment to the spiritual disciplines of scripture memory, prayer, having a quiet time and journaling.
- Staff and schedule volunteers for weekend services and other regular church activities.
- Oversee background checks and Teacher Approval/Statement of Faith for Middle School Ministry workers in accordance with established procedures (to be on file in main church office).
- Interview, train and place new volunteers into the ministry roles that match their abilities.
- Meet with volunteers at least annually to evaluate performance, and work with volunteers to ensure balance in commitment and scheduling.
- Implement Orange curriculum with large group, praise and teaching, and small group components and train all volunteers to teach this curriculum.
- Track attendance and visitors in the ministry.
- Provide regular social and outreach events quarterly for all grades.
- Develop outreach events that appeal and draw the unsaved.
- Help lead and promote church camp (Butler Springs Christian Assembly) and attend one camp annually.
- Develop a working relationship with parents and involve parents in activities.
- Manage and oversee the preteen and middle school budget.
- Participate in regular ministerial duties such as hospital calling, pastoral care, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be willing to become a member of First Christian Church, support the FCC position papers and submit to the leadership established by the church. Must align with the mission, vision and strategies of First Christian Church.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred and a minimum of 2 years involvement in student ministry.
Absolutely must have a teachable spirit, humble heart and a passion to disciple our students in Christ.