POSITION TITLE: Associate Pastor*
LOCATION: Ann Arbor, Michigan
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 400
MinisterSearch is partnering with a growing and dynamic team with a clear vision for the future, a loving church that will help you flourish as they reach their county, region and the world. This church is primed and positioned for growth and is looking
for a key player and senior leader to join them. This is a great opportunity to live your passion to see people connected to the mission of Jesus, to find a place to belong, and to advance a vision that calls people to grow in love and outreach.
This is a contemporary-minded staff and church with a friendly environment. They are committed to teaching the Bible and leading people to truly know Jesus. While they strive to have global impact, they know it starts with deep relational connections in
their own community. This church is a very accepting community of believers. They love their community and have established a great rapport with their neighbors. They are nestled away on a gorgeous piece of property just minutes from the University of Michigan
which gives them a huge platform for ministry.
Affectionately referred to as ”A2” by the locals, Ann Arbor is a flourishing community. The A2 area is the state’s rare jewel: a small, friendly town with big-city sophistication; a world-class educational and high-tech research center nestled in a quintessential
college town; a close-knit community of charming neighborhoods with a rich mix of cultures.
Described as an urban oasis, the A2 area is also the perfect four-season destination for outdoor enthusiasts. You'll discover golf courses designed by legendary architects, trails groomed for hiking
and cross-country skiing, and some of the best canoeing and kayaking in southeastern Michigan along the nationally recognized water trail — the Huron River. In the fall, each football Saturday brings more than 100,000 people to town for tailgating and to fill
"The Big House" to watch the University of Michigan Wolverines.
The list of accolades for A2 is quite lengthy. It includes such things as Best Place in the US for K-12 teachers to Live and Work, several high schools are listed in the Top 15 in Michigan, top 10 Best College Towns, and Most Educated City. Education is
an absolute priority for this city.
- Implement and manage pathways/systems for assimilation, membership, and GroupLife
- Member of Pastoral Team
- Sunday Teaching Team (teach 10-12 times per year)
- Work closely with Lead Pastor on Spiritual Formation/Connections content
- Manage database and communications with new and current attenders
- Champion all connection/assimilation efforts and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with current staff team
- Oversee key connections team and being a presence on Sunday morning
- Pastoral care to Sunday leaders, ushers, spiritual formation team, welcome lounge deployed and resourced well
- Work collaboratively with Lead Pastor and Worship Arts Director
- Perform administrative operations
- Four-year Degree from an accredited university or college; Master’s Degree from accredited Bible college or seminary is preferred
- Trained in Prepare/Enrich is a plus
- Proven track record of success in assimilation and numeric growth
- Ability to preach and teach on occasion as needed
- Flexibility and a hard worker
- Culturally fluent and comfortable around a diversity of opinions and interests
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Highly people-oriented with an outstanding ability to communicate with others