The specific duties of the Pastor of Worship and Missions involve the following:
I. Be responsible for CEFC’s corporate worship through song/music
- Plan and lead (i) Sunday morning music and (ii) worship at other special services such Christmas Eve and Good Friday. Such planning and leading includes but is not limited to: working with the Teaching Pastor to plan a song list that thematically aligns
with the sermon’s theme; scheduling the necessary band members; ensuring all technical and audiovisual elements are in place; and conducting necessary practices.
- Identify, qualify and recruit new worship team members, as needed
- Mentor and shepherd worship team members
- Help teach and engage CEFC’s congregants in true, biblical worship
- Oversee any other worship teams (ie: Youth Band and Summer Spectacular Band)
- Identify, recruit and train band members
- Help identify, develop and mentor leaders for each band
- Oversee CEFC's Tech Team (either directly or through oversight of CEFC’s Tech Director) to ensure that all technical aspects of CEFC’s services are conducted with excellence.
II. Be responsible for CEFC’s Prayer Ministry
- Oversee and create, as needed, various environments and delivery systems for prayer. Present environments include a Wednesday evening prayer meeting, prayer counselors during services, and prayer as a vital part of our community groups.
- Identify, qualify, recruit and train any and all leaders of prayer teams.
- Strategically determine how to continually engage CEFC’s people in prayer and the best environments for prayer.
III. Be responsible for CEFC’s Missions Program
- Oversee and lead CEFC’s Missions Team
- Prepare and manage CEFC’s Missions Budget
- Work with Lead Pastor and Elders to refine CEFC’s vision, philosophy and strategy for missions – both local and global.
- Implement and oversee all partnerships, environments and events that help further CEFC’s Missions Vision and Strategy. Such partnerships, events, and environments could include but not be limited to: local ministry partners such as Bridges Ministry, short
term missions trip, and missions emphasis weekends.
- Create a strategy to ensure our missionaries are properly cared for
- Create and implement a strategy to ensure CEFC’s people are familiar and engaged with our supported missionaries. This will include implementing a policy relating to missionary visits on Sunday mornings.
IV. Handle various pastoral duties, as needed, which may include visitation, weddings, and/or funerals.
The required skills/gifting:
- Possess a doctrinal position that is complementary to Calvary Church
- A college degree is preferred
- Biblical training from a bible college or seminary (or willingness to obtain necessary education in the course of the job) is preferred
- Have demonstrated training, knowledge and skill in music, elements of music theory, performance, and vocals.
- Successful experience in leading worship either at a medium or large church.
- Successful experience in a church’s or parachurch ministry’s missions program
- Knowledge and experience in current technical systems and applications necessary for and used in worship production
- Possess the proven ability to qualify, recruit, train, release and supervise leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter
- Ability to take a desired vision, create timely process to implement it, and lead a team to accomplish it
In addition to the skills/gifting described above, the ideal candidate would:
- feel called to the Northeast and the opportunities presented in this unchurched region
- have a clear vision for both worship and missions and an excited willingness to build and lead towards that vision
- the desire and ability to help continue shaping a church culture