First Baptist Church of La Vernia is a vibrant and growing Family of Faith approximately thirty miles east of downtown San Antonio. We are currently in search of a full-time Youth Pastor who will inspire students to find life in Christ. The Youth Pastor
will be responsible for providing pastoral and program leadership and support to 6th-12th grade students and their families.
• We desire one who has experience in leading and being a part of Youth Ministry.
• One who exhibits a steadfast love for Christ and a heartfelt passion for students and families.
• One who consistently models the love of Christ in both his attitude and actions.
• One who can provide leadership and creativity to a growing youth ministry, while executing the mission and vision of FBCLV.
• One who demonstrates strong leadership, teaching, equipping, and encouraging abilities.
• One who is well organized and has the ability to communicate effectively (written & verbally).
• One who has an excellent knowledge of the word of God.
• One who is a team player who supports other staff members and ministries of FBCLV.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Seminary training preferred.
• Plan, coordinate, and provide oversight of all youth activities.
• Lead special events, camps, retreats, and fellowships for teenagers.
• Plan, organize, and lead the training of youth workers in a comprehensive program of child safety and child abuse awareness and prevention. Be responsible for the safety of youth at church sponsored activities.
• Select age-appropriate curriculum and materials, supplies, and space to be used by youth in collaboration with other church staff.
• Attend all worship services and be available before and after to minister as needed.
• Ensure all matters of confidentiality are kept with integrity.
• Develop a yearly budget for youth programs and ensure that proper expenditure procedures are followed for all youth ministry expenses.
Interested Candidates Should Email:
• Picture of yourself and spouse/family (if applicable).
• Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position.
• Please include at least three references of people who have first-hand knowledge of your passion, experience, and impact as a leader in the areas and duties described in this job description.
Email to: search@FBCLV.com