For over 100 years, Journey of Faith Church has offered relevant worship and teaching, vibrant ministries for young people, and opportunities to serve others. With a desire to glorify God and expand His work, we envision our church as multigenerational,
multicultural and multisite.
Mission and Calling:
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to an assigned ministry or department (in some cases this person will support up to two different departments). While fulfilling the responsibilities of this position the Administrative Assistant
will also be expected to live out Journey of Faith’s core values, which are to WELCOME, TRANSFORM, and SERVE.
- Manage and maintain the departmental calendar(s) by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, travel and departmental events.
- Take initiative in project management and responding to requests.
- Represent the department leader by attending and recording meetings in the leader’s absence; speaking for the leader.
- Uphold executive leadership’s confidence and protect the staff & congregation by keeping information confidential.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations; maintain files; manage department supply orders. Anticipate office needs.
- Review and prioritize phone messages and prepare correspondence in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Work collaboratively with the other Executive & Administrative Assistants and provide backup & support, as needed.
- Assist with other office tasks as assigned.
- Be a committed Jesus follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the Mission, Values and Core Beliefs of our church.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and commitment to continual, relational growth.
- Demonstrate Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), honesty, confidence, teachability, humility (Philippians 2:5-7), patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4).
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 2+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant with a large organization, preferred.
- Strong computer skills and internet research skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with the ability & tact to manage complicated subject matter and a diverse congregation.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills, spiritual maturity and have the ability to work well with all levels of management & staff, including executive leadership.
Reports to the respective ministries’ Pastor(s) or department leader(s).
Full-time, 40 hours per week.
Compensation based on experience.