Ministry Summary: Administers and develops all facets of youth ministries at Grace Church, focusing primarily on small groups, Bible studies and discipleship. This position is responsible for planning, coordinating and overseeing
activities for both Junior and Senior High to promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry involvement.
Ministry Area: Pastoral Staff
Position: Director of Youth Ministries
Accountable To: Executive Pastor
Spiritual Gifts: Pastor/shepherd, teaching, administration, exhortation
Talents/Abilities: College degree, preferable; previous experience in a similar capacity desired, but not required; leadership of a care group, or a flock group, with an evidence of a call to pastoral ministry
- Pastoral counseling, shepherding and disciple Grace members
- Ability to equip and train leaders, to speak confidently and honestly into their lives
- Communicates clearly, concisely, and confidently
- Possesses outstanding interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, capable of leading without substantial supervision or input
- Confidence in the Scriptures as the basis and foundation of all that we do and believe, and the ability to apply them to real life
- Gracious, not easily offended
- Evident heart for discipleship, mentoring, hospitality, teaching, and leading
- Confident and proficient in biblical peacemaking, methods of conflict resolution
- Team player; ability not only to operate within a team, but to be able to bring teams together and envision them
- Ability to inspire leaders and members to follow
Personality Traits: Organized, dependable, warm, compassionate, good communicator, discreet, leader, friendly, caring, hospitable
Passion for: Youth
Time Commitments: The position is a full-time, salaried position.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Oversee, guide, and grow the youth ministry
- Develop and implement a ministry plan for youth ministries that is consistent with the vision of Grace Church and report on that plan monthly.
- Conduct weekly H2O meetings, programs and activities of youth ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteers to ensure quality of programs and effective use of resources.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to teens on an individual basis.
- Be personally involved in the lives of the youth.
- Maintain contact with teens and parents, keeping them informed of topics/themes being studied, special events, etc. through quarterly newsletters, flyers, email, calls, etc.
- Develop and implement a discipleship/mentor strategy for Grace Church
- Participate in staff meetings and church functions where staff is requested to attend.
- Oversee budget and expenditures for the student ministries department, which shall include preparing and submit annual youth ministries budget to supervisor for approval by elders.
General Information about Grace Church of Fredericksburg:
We are a church of about 550 on a Sunday morning. We have a Homeschool Co-op at our church. There is a Christian School in town as well. We are a suburb 50 miles south of Washington DC. It’s fast pace here. Many commute 2 hours to military or federal
jobs in DC every day. The population is around 300,000 in our area. We believe this is a season of growth for us and children’s ministry is key. On Sunday morning we have between 125-150 kids in children’s ministry. We mobilize 110 volunteers every six
weeks. We own our building. About 900 people consider Grace Church their church home. You can check out our website www.gcofonline.org and see our doctrinal statement, listen to a sermon and get acquainted with our church.