We are an urban church with a strong intergenerational focus that is situated in the Roosevelt District of Seattle, a rapidly developing urban village just north of the University District.
We are looking for a motivated leader to oversee a vibrant and comprehensive ministry to our children and their parents.
The Children’s Ministry Pastor is responsible to plan and coordinate the education, fellowship, and worship opportunities for children ages newborn through fifth grade. He or she partners with parents and volunteers to help the children of Calvary grow into
mature followers of Jesus.
The children’s pastor also coordinates ministry outreach to the community that demonstrates the love of Christ to children and families in our neighborhood.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and the ccakids ministry team to develop and carry out the ministry vision for children’s ministry at CCA.
- Coordinate the Sunday kids church and Sunday School activities for nursery, preschool and elementary aged children, along with other training and outreach events as they occur.
- Serve as a motivating, inspiring and engaging teacher to our children along with other
ccakids team members.
- Recruit, train and direct volunteers for each area of children’s ministry. Maintain a vibrant and healthy volunteer culture.
- Assess ministry needs and develop programs and activities to help kids and their parents find and follow Jesus.
- Create and/or research and obtain ministry curricula specifically focused on the biblical narrative
- Develop a climate for children that is safe, supportive, and cultivates spiritual growth.
- Maintain an attractive physical environment that is conducive to social, intellectual and spiritual growth.
- Address specific personal and spiritual needs of children as they arise through one-on-one or small group meetings, in home visits, and other points of interaction.
- Assess ministry outreach opportunities and develop programs to reach out to neighborhood families.
- Develop relationships with schools, other churches, and parachurch organizations that are investing in the children and families of our community.
- Coordinate annual events (including: Summer Camp, Trunk or Treat, Easter Egg Hunt)
- Coordinate child care for special church ministry events.
- Prepare and administer the annual budget for Children’s Ministries.
- Be an active participant with the pastoral staff in praying and strategizing toward the fulfillment of CCA’s mission and the integration of her values.
- An attested call to children, including the ability to effectively teach children, proclaim the gospel to them in a compelling manner, and nurture their spiritual growth.
- Able to recruit and equip leaders who love working with kids and are effective in helping them grow in Christ.
- Possesses planning and organizational skills.
- Is creative and demonstrates that ability in team settings.
- Is self-directed and able to work independently.
- Is faithful, available, and teachable. Is willing to be held accountable.
- Possesses a natural bent to encourage and affirm.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture. Able to lead and mentor others with wisdom and grace. Able to set expectations and hold others accountable.
- Able to deal with conflict constructively.
- A Christ follower, with a consistent, growing walk with Jesus Christ.
- A relational ministry style with strong team building skills
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline or actively working towards Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline. Master’s degree in appropriate discipline desirable. Applicant needs to demonstrate commitment to continuing education.
- Children’s Ministry Director experience preferred.
- Theological compatibility with the Assemblies of God.