Garber United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time Organist and Assistant Director of Music to join in the vibrant worship ministry of this congregation of 600+ worshipers per week. A successful candidate will have a love for Christ and a zeal for encountering
the living God in earnest and joyous worship. Garber Church has three services per Sunday (two accompanied by organ in the sanctuary, one by praise team in the Ministry Center). This position serves as the primary organist and needs to be proficient both
in organ and piano as well as choral conducting. He/She serves under the direction of the Minister of Music and Worship Arts to envision and prepare for weekly worship, primarily for the sanctuary services. The position involves sharing in the direction and
discipleship of their 3 adult choirs, 3 handbell choirs, children’s music program (which includes 75+ kids), worship team, and many varied instrumentalists and soloists within the congregation. Garber Church is seeking someone who embraces a wide variety of
styles of music and who will be faithful to our worship and theological heritage while looking to the future and thinking outside of the box. Above all, they are looking for someone who loves music but has an even greater passion for the Lord and a clearly
articulated call to ministry. If this is you, please send resume and cover letter to the attention of David Banks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION FOCUS: The Assistant Director of Music and Worship Arts shares fully in the ministry of Jesus Christ in the Garber United Methodist Church as he/she participates in the oversight and success of the Music and Worship in the church.
Accordingly, this staff leader champions an environment that is cheerful, organized and friendly and effectively meets the needs of congregational ministries. This person plays a vital role in supporting the God-inspired vision of Garber Church and the fulfillment
of Christ’s Great Commission.
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION: Reports to Music and Worship Arts Director.
- Able to lead spiritually and musically in worship and rehearsals
- Proficient on organ and piano
- Capable of directing ensembles from organ or piano
- A faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and active membership in a local congregation
- A calling for Christian ministry
- Formal training appropriate to the ministry
- A willingness to commit to the ministries of Garber Church including Sunday worship
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Lead the congregation on the organ during the primary Sunday services in the Sanctuary
- Accompany the ensembles of the church from the organ and/or piano as needed
- Serve in Worship leadership as assigned (through speaking, liturgist, or playing music)
- Participate in the Chancel Choir(primary adult choir)
- Participate in/or lead other musical ensembles as directed by the Director of Music
- Share in planning and implementation of the music program
- Recruit and direct volunteers for the music and worship ministries of the church
- Serve in Worship Committee as staff liaison as assigned
- Assist in the movement, set-up, and/or maintenance of equipment as needed
- Assist in the cataloguing and stewardship of the music library
- Maintain professional and spiritual readiness through regular study and occasional continuing education
- Be available to members of the Garber congregation for special needs, concerns and service or information requests.
- Serve on the staff team, and join with other staff members in preparing and implementing multiple special services and events as needed.
- Cooperate with the staff and ministry teams by performing other duties as assigned.