Purpose: The Worship Pastor (WP) will oversee the development of a culture of worship through various media and arts at Christ Community Church. The WP will show a clear testimony of personal faith in the Lord Jesus, demonstrate excellence
and skill in musical/vocal and technical arts, and strong evidence of relational skills with teams.
Reports To: The WP will report directly to the Senior Pastor.
Reports: The WP will supervise volunteer worship, media, and the tech assistants, as well as a part-time (15 hrs.) Worship Administrator.
Salary: Full time salaried position overseeing a part time worship admin. Salary range depends on experience, education and aptitude for leadership.
Cost of Living: Idaho Falls has one of the lowest costs of living in the nation.
General Requirements: All staff pastors at CCC have the same core requirements:
1. To equip believers for the work of the ministry (Eph. 4:11-12) through:
- Building teams in relational environments.
- Training leaders who will reproduce and multiply ministry.
- Teaching the church to engage with their spiritual gifts and talents.
- Releasing men and women into ministry with oversight.
2. To care for and shepherd the flock of God (Acts 20:28; Ez. 34). The primary job responsibilities for this are as follows:
- Feeding the sheep by teaching the Word (Ez. 34:2).
- Regular encouragement and support (34:3).
- Seeking out those lost and wandering from the fold (34:4, 6).
- Being present in desperate seasons of life (hospital visits and funerals).
3. To manage ministries well with faithful leadership and oversight (Acts 20:28; 1 Tim. 3:1) through:
- Faithful stewardship of finances, people, and time.
- Regular communication with team leaders and with the elders.
4. To maintain a personal life that is morally blameless, doctrinally pure, self-controlled and even-tempered. He is to be a faithful partner in his marriage covenant, temperate, reputable, hospitable, and worthy of respect (1 Tim. 3:2;
2 Tim 2:24). The primary job responsibilities for this are as follows:
- Growing in a relationship with Christ through spiritual disciplines (1 Cor. 9:27).
- Managing his household well by setting family priorities, establishing family values, and ensuring biblical discipline in the home (1 Tim. 3:4b).
5. To effectively teach and train disciples (1 Tim. 3:2; 2 Tim. 2:2) through:
- Appropriate time in preparation for teaching God’s Word.
- Remaining teachable and humble.
- Seeking ongoing educational/instructional opportunities in ministry and the Word.
6. To set a standard of service, modeling Jesus’ humility (Phil. 2:1-11) by:
- Fiercely guarding the unity of the staff and the church (Phil. 1:1-4).
- Remaining humble and teachable in a staff environment reporting to a Senior Pastor/supervisor.
- Maintaining a heart for reconciliation in the event of team conflict.
Specific Responsibilities and Requirements
for the Worship Department
Responsibilities: In order to effectively lead and manage this department, the WP will need to prioritize the following:
1. Coaching team leaders:
- Empowering vocalists/instrumentalists to lead out on individual songs where their abilities permit.
- Encouraging the development of new worship leaders from within the team.
- Releasing new leaders to lead worship in a variety of environments at CCC including Sunday morning worship services as well as special and seasonal worship services.
- Encouraging interdepartmental cooperation.
2. Recruiting mentors and team leaders by:
- Holding regular auditions to assess the character, chemistry, and competence of prospective members.
- Actively promoting this ministry and keeping the needs in front of the congregation.
- Identifying and enlisting current team members who can mentor those less experienced.
3. Growing the team’s skill through:
- Regular participation in team coaching (monthly).
- Identifying team members who are eligible and available for professional lessons.
- Maintaining regular team rehearsals.
- Engaging relationally and pastorally with team during and after weekly rehearsals.
4. Overseeing the scheduling by:
- Coordinating the scheduling of leaders and team members through the Worship Ministry Admin Assistant.
- Communicating with the Senior Pastor and the Board regarding the worship schedule.
- Overseeing the development of multiple leaders within the worship team who serve in a variety of capacities including A/V team leaders, worship directors, vocal leaders, rhythm section leaders and an admin team leader.
5. Leading worship on Sundays:
- Being the primary worship/music leader on Sunday Mornings. This requires proficiency with an intstrument and vocal excellence.
- Proposing and initiating the selection of new songs for CCC.
- Leading the congregation in God-honoring and inspiring musical worship on Sundays.
- Cultivating “farm teams” of leaders from the ranks within other ministries e.g. elementary and youth.
- Assisting the Next Generation Pastor and the Student Ministries Pastor to lead the congregation occasionally on “Next Gen.” Sundays.
- Assist the Next Gen. and Student Ministries Pastors in developing and equipping their students for worship ministry.
6. Overseeing the Worship Administrator:
- Manage the editing and uploading of all audio and video from Sunday’s message.
- Manage the sermon media page on CCC’s website, making sure to keep all files and links updated and accurate.
- Upload weekly messages to Sermon OneCast (all files: audio/video/transcripts/outlines).
- Maintain all backups of files related to Sunday’s messages (including audio/video/transcripts/outlines).
- Shoot, edit, and upload the weekend’s video announcements each Thursday afternoon.
- Set up the Worship Center including the sound and video cart, creation of sermon slides in ProPresenter, and the speaker’s stage (table, stand etc).
- Print sermon transcript for video team.
- Manage team schedule in Planning Center.
- Enter worship set in Planning Center (choosing arrangements).
- Coordinate all details related to special services (holidays, communion, special services etc.)