Hours: 15 hours per week, including evening and weekends.
The Worship Leader will lead congregational music in worship at the 9:45 worship service, a service that utilizes the contemporary music model but also incorporates hymns and ancient texts. The Worship Leader will be a faithful Christian who has a passion
for worship and is open to working in a team environment. The Worship Leader will have vocal and instrumental proficiency and be able to recruit members for the praise band when needed. Knowledge of worship songs and hymns and the ability to incorporate both
in services are critical.
- Assist Pastors in leading worship at 9:45 AM Worship Service on Sunday mornings.
- Lead music at 9:45 AM Worship Service on Sunday mornings.
- Lead rehearsal with praise band and singers on Thursday evenings.
- Select congregational worship music for 9:45 service, with guidance from Associate Pastor.
- Coordinate with Associate Pastor to update Worship Slides on Media Shout.
- Meet regularly with Pastors to assist in planning worship service.
- Coordinate logistics for Worship Team, including organizing a schedule for singers and band members, ensure that all necessary sheet music is available, and communicate with scripture readers and communion servers.
- Excellent sight-reading skills.
- Ability to play guitar, piano or keyboard is preferred but, not a requirement.
- Proficient in voice.
- Excitement about being in ministry in a congregation which is seeking to be deeply engaged in its community.
- Comfortable and capable working in a team environment.
- Passionate about contemporary/emergent worship in the local church.
- Committed to personal spiritual growth and service to others in the name of Christ.
- Committed to living a Christian lifestyle and serving as a Christian role model for others.
- Experience leading worship is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Expected to be in worship every Sunday (time off according to church personnel policy), at rehearsal every Thursday night, and available to meet to assist with worship planning once a week.
- Must be present for Christmas Eve and Easter worship.