Director of Children and Youth Ministries, part-time, Atkinson Congregational Church, Atkinson, NH.
Together with a six-member Christian Education Committee, the Director of Children and Youth Ministries is responsible for organizing and administering the Sunday School and Vacation Bible Camp programs and Youth Ministries of the church to provide the children
and youth of the Atkinson Congregational Church with a spiritual foundation so that they have a basic understanding of the Bible and especially the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Our UCC Congregational Church has 370 active members, an average church
attendance over 100, and average church school attendance of 15-20. Vacation Bible Camp averages 60 participants, This is a 20 hour per week position, paying in the teens.
- Personal commitment to Christ and His ways, and a calling to Christian education
- Experience and desire to work with children and youth
- Proven oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including active listening
- Strong organizational skills are necessary
- Energetic, positive, flexible and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in Christian Education preferred, with a record of development and implementation of new programs and working with children and youth
- Must pass a CHRI background check
RESPONSIBILITIES (with the CE Committee):
- Work with church leaders including the church staff, CE Committee, and Executive Committee, to set goals, determine priorities, establish programs, and coordinate the calendar. Participate in meetings of the same.
- Oversee all areas of Children and Youth Ministries, including curriculum, programming, set-up, and staffing for Sunday school, the nursery, greeters, youth groups, Vacation Bible camp, and special events. Order supplies; provide resources as needed; and
- Select and develop curriculum and prepare classrooms. Develop and lead special programming including fun days, missions drives, plays, and Children's Sunday (with the CE Committee)
- Identify gifts of leaders and recruit quality teachers, assistants, greeters, etc. to be involved in church school, VBC, youth groups, and special programming; and provide for continuing training and support while encouraging a positive, supportive working
- Empower parents to be involved in the faith development of their children, and regularly communicate with parents, guardians and teachers through personal contact, mail, and various media, including social media
- Coordinate the awarding of Bibles and 6th grade books; and promote First Communion classes, Confirmation classes, and adult education
- Keep records for registration, attendance, volunteer forms, and CE finances, and make regular reports to the CE Committee. Work with the CE Committee to prepare the annual report and budget.
- With the CE Committee, update the CE Procedure Manual as needed; make recommendations for updates to the church Safety Manual; and implement Safe Church practices for Children and Youth Ministries programming.
- Keep current on the latest trends, methods and materials in Children and Youth Ministries; and work with the CE Committee, Pastor, and Church Growth Team to identify ways to encourage attendance and promote our CE programs within the church and throughout
the surrounding community
- Possibility of working with the confirmation class and on Children's Messages, with discussion with the pastor and CE Committee
- Other duties and activities as required
Contact Information: Please send cover letter, resume and references to CEDirector@atkinsoncc.org or Atkinson Congregational Church, 101 Main St., Atkinson NH 03811. A thorough background check will be performed before hiring.