The Director of Worship Arts (DWA) leads the worship teams both instrumentally and vocally in the development of worship arts ministries that are highly innovative, inspiring, effective and God-honoring while having high energy, being engaging and helping
our church to “grow younger”.
1. Has minimum of 3 years of worship leading experience in a large church.
2. Proficiency in leading worship from the guitar and/or keyboards and good vocal skill set.
3. Is strong in building relationships and is able to engage and relate to a diverse population of worshippers using a variety of traditional and contemporary songs.
4. Has the ability to move the church forward in relating to and reaching those in the younger generation while honoring those in the older generation.
5. Proven track record in recruitment, training, shepherding, team building and expansion of worship teams.
6. Exceptional team player, with capacity to work with and lead people with a wide range of gifts, strengths, personalities and passions.
7. Is proficient in technical abilities as well as the ability to develop volunteers toward that end.
8. Has ability to write out chord charts for band.
9. Able to use Scripture effectively and accurately in worship service.
10. Is able to lend support as needed to mentor and develop worship teams in other departments such as children, youth, and young adults.
Calvary Community Church (CCC) is located in Manteca, a growing city (70,000 plus), in Northern California. Manteca is 75 miles east of San Francisco, 65 miles south of Sacramento, and it takes less than three hours to get to Tahoe or Yosemite.
CCC is one of the larger churches in the area, averaging 900 in the two Sunday worship services. The majority of the music used in the worship services consists of contemporary worship songs including an occasional contemporary arrangement of a classic hymn
of the faith. The worship teams consist of a band and vocalists. Also, a worship choir sings every other week during the school year.
Calvary’s PRIORITIES are Evangelism, Training, Mentoring, Care, Prayer and Sacrifice. Calvary’s VALUES are Scripture, Forgiveness, Intentional Inclusion, Intergenerational [ministry], Excellence, Innovation, Margin and Fun. Calvary’s website is www.calvarymanteca.org.
The Initial Goals
1. Build relationships with people currently involved serving in the Worship Arts ministry.
2. Evaluate/audit all existing music ministries to ensure optimum effectiveness and appropriate infrastructure support.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness and ministry match of each staff member.
1. Reports to: Lead Pastor
2. Works closely with: Lead Pastor, Teaching Team, Graphic Designer
3. Supervises: Employees and volunteers who work in Worship Arts department such as Sound Tech, Light Tech, Video Tech, Producer, Stage Set Leader, Auditorium Computer Operator, Live Stream Operator, Special Events Planner
and others as needed.
The Specific Ministry Responsibilities
1. Be a role model – Live an exemplary life of wholehearted devotion to Jesus Christ.
2. Be a leader – Provide strong, passionate, value-based leadership and direction.
3. Be an architect – Design a God-honoring, comprehensive, relevant, purposeful and innovative worship ministry.
4. Be a designer – Develop thematic and inspiring worship experiences. Work closely with the Lead Pastor, teaching pastors, and Worship Team in creating highly inspiring worship services.
5. Be a supervisor – Ensure that all those within your area of responsibility understand, accept and perform their responsibilities within the authority they have been given. Provide day-to-day leadership. Be detail oriented. Meet
regularly with staff, reporting directly to you, and evaluate annually his/her performance. Assume responsibility for the hiring and releasing of all personnel under your supervision in consultation with the Executive Pastor.
6. Be a developer -- Develop the music and vocal talents of the church family. Ensure that the worship leaders possess appropriate skills and spiritual gifts are identified, equipped, and given opportunity to exercise their skills.
7. Be a communicator – Be able to communicate love and encouragement regularly especially to worship team volunteers. Develop a formal path of communication that helps everyone in the worship department be on the same page regarding
the values and goals of the church.
8. Be a shepherd -- Provide care for the staff and people involved in Worship/Arts Ministries.
9, Be a delegator—Appropriately delegate responsibilities in technical areas to trained volunteers or paid staff.
10. Be a learner – Keep in touch with current trends relating to your area of focus. Attend worship related conferences and dialogue with ministry counterparts at other churches regularly. Visit other churches 2-3 times a year.
The Ministry Evaluation
There will be an Annual Review based on this Ministry Description.
How to Apply
Please send the following items to email@example.com
- Your resume.
- A link to a video of you leading a worship service.
- A picture of yourself and your family (if applicable).