Hope Church, Richmond, VA
Job Description: Director of Student Ministry
Hope Church (EPC) is seeking a full time Director of Students who believes that students can be equipped to be on the front lines of a kingdom movement. Hope is a church of approximately 4,000 people and has made a commitment to invest it’s resources in
the next generation through it’s facilities and staffing. We are seeking someone with experience in a larger church setting to help our church increase our effectiveness in outreach, teaching and volunteer discipleship. If not familiar with Hope, visit our
web site to learn more at www.hopecentral.com and please visit the website of our denomination, The Evangelical Presbyterian Church at www.epc.org
- Direct and lead all aspects of Hope Student Ministry with experience in managing a team of staff and volunteers.
- Provide teaching and leadership for our High School Ministry.
- Responsible for the spiritual formation and growth of the Hope Student Ministry Volunteer Team.
- Create and offer new strategies to reach as many students as possible with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Work well in a team environment with other staff and develop plans to work with our other campuses in a unified manner.
- Manage various retreats and summer camps for students and volunteers.
- Manage and oversee the annual student budget.
- Mature Christian with a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Someone who believes that “more is caught then taught.”
- A love for Students.
- Entrepreneurial and an effective mobilizer with strong skills in: Leadership, Administration and Communication.
- A fit with the culture and values of Hope which include: Authenticity, Kindness, People-focused.
- Mature grasp of and ability to teach the bible to students in a relevant way.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven effectiveness in a growing church with a large (300+) student ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Graduate degree in youth specialties and/or seminary degree are preferred.
- Effective in budget management.
- Strong team player.
- Effective recruiter with a strategy for discipleship.
To apply, please visit hopecentral.com/employment and follow submission instructions listed in the Director of Student posting.