Facebook: Abundant Life Ministries-Largo FL.
Student Pastor updated 2/7/17
- Initial response via email to this post
- Phone interview
- Take DISC inventory online (we'll pay for and send you link)
- Personal visit to church for services and personal interview
- Interview/questions with key leadership
- Salary package offer
- Must read and agree to the Staff Handbook before being hired
- Must complete Discover ALM and know it enough to teach it
- Create, develop and grow a student ministry at Abundant Life that reflects the overall vision of the Pastor which naturally builds a balance between spiritual, social and service activities. (listed in order of priority)
- The vision & mission of The Tribe is the same as the church:
“To lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ”
We do this is by: “Creating environments where people can Connect to Christ & other believers, Grow spiritually, and Serve others.”
- build and maintain a leadership team that you mentor, train, and disciple in youth ministry. Meet with them regularly (at least monthly) to constantly improve the ministry, train them, and to create “buy-in” and “ownership”
- cast and maintain the same vision for youth ministry as the overall church
- understand your primary role as a pastor is to “equip the saints for ministry.” See yourself as an equipper not just a worker. Recruit people, train them, release them into ministry.
- Build an ongoing relationship with local high schools through FCA and other means and attend weekly meetings with the goal of reaching students for Christ and to our church family
- Attend Pastor’s leadership small group Tuesdays from 7-8:20 am (Prayer and share)
- Attend weekly staff meeting: Tues. 8:30 am
- plan at least one big social event a month other than Wed. & Sunday for relationship building and to draw youth to our ministry
- coordinate youth small groups
- work to raise up leadership to divide MS and HS to better connect with each groups interests and maturity level
- Annual projects to be aggressively pursued
- Teen Talent(Bi-annual)-maximize the amount of participation from our youth. Remember the goal is to discover, develop and dedicate our teen’s talent for God’s glory.
- Y.W.E.A. – raise money annually for the COG project (this develops a passion and concern for Missions, which accomplishes our balance for service.)
- Youth Camp and/or “Forward”
- Winterfest or alternative winter trip
- FYLA Games
- Summer events with the Students. Plan and execute a fun and connecting event every week during the summer to connect with students, get them connected, and keep students busy.
- provide pastoral care for the teens and their families ex. Hospital stays, death, counseling
- Do Wednesday night lock-up of entire building
- have a servant’s heart to whatever Pastor Anthony & Pastor Kendra needs or asks for to help carry the load/burden of the ministry
- Kids Ministry – serve where needed on Sunday am; partner with Kid’s Pastor by personally helping and staffing large church-wide kid’s dept. events: Fall Festival(last Wednesday in Oct.), VBX (1 week/Mon-Fri. evenings in July)
- serve where needed on Sunday am
Your success is gauged in:
- how many people that you train and develop to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
- attendance to weekly youth services and activities (should be a minimum of 10% of Sunday am attendance)
- how many families are connected to the church and to Jesus because of your ministry. (especially those whose youth attend but they don’t)
- pay increases and tenure are directly linked to success in performing the above mentioned tasks.
Office hours/Time off
-Mon.-Thursday: 8:30-4:30 p.m. No shorts in office during office hours unless doing maintenance/repairs.
-Time off requests are to be submitted to Pastor Floyd (Executive Pastor) in advance.
-1 week off between Christmas and New Year’s
-1 week off during the year (preapprove the dates)
-Time off accrues over time(see Staff Handbook)
Design and complete graphics as needed
Sermon series, Logos, commitment cards, info cards. etc.
Do offering on the 1st of every month, and as needed
Arrive at church by 8 to get things ready for services
Stay for all services, make sure building is locked in designated areas
Things that will bring termination:
-disloyalty to the Pastor
-No or low production
-Pastor Floyd (Executive Pastor) runs the day to day operation of the ministry and is your immediate supervisor
-We operate under the team concept where each member helps the other for church-wide functions. Your primary areas are mentioned above, but we need your support and heart behind the entire ministry. Need your help on big projects. Communication is critical
to working through any gray areas that will come up. Don’t hesitate to ask questions or volunteer ideas that will make things run smoother.
-Expectations for wives of Pastoral staff: take ownership for the success of Youth Ministry and to attend church faithfully and support church events with attendance and any help needed. Be a part of the team. A detached and uninvolved wife will be a major
distraction to your ministry and will ultimately undermine your success in leading adults and teenagers.
-Pray and work to make our Youth Ministry a ministry of excellence where Youth become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
-Be a loyal supporter of the pastor and vision, and lead the congregation by example in attendance, giving and support to the vision of the house.
-Pastor and wife to be in 1 Sunday worship service per week and to sit on front row with Pastor or in front with youth
-Pastor and wife to make an intentional effort to mingle with the adults in foyer after service each Sunday
-attend some team building interaction regularly which includes all staff wives in order to keep communication open and to reassure each other of our love and commitment