Riverside Community Church is excited to find the right individual to be our new Communications Director. RCC is located in the northeastern side of Pittsburgh, with locations in Oakmont and Tarentum, PA. We gather on Sunday mornings holding 2 simultaneous
services at each location as well as offer student and young adult ministry throughout the week at a separate facility across from the our local high school. There are also small groups meeting throughout the week. For more information about Riverside, please
visit our website at riversideconnect.org and vimeo.com/rccarts.
Refer to the following job description for details:
The Communications Director will serve to design, enhance, and maximize the effectiveness of all visual and written communications.
Applicant must have a demonstrated and ongoing expansion of technical skills, creative ability, and practical knowledge pertaining to communications and the visual arts, as well as the ability to lead and empower others to use their gifts in this area.
Major Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
Graphic Design and Branding
- Oversee the visual branding and creative design for sermon series, worship services, and events
- Oversee graphic design for the ministries of the church
- Oversee photography for major church events, website and social media updates, etc.
- Work with design contractors and vendors to bring projects to completion
- Oversee all digital communications including the development, management, and maintenance of websites, social media platforms, apps, etc.
- Oversee all print communications including catalogs, bulletins, brochures, stationary, banners, cards, event literature, newsletters, advertising, promotional materials, etc.
- Oversee the production of videos focused on special events such as baptisms, retreats, major events, etc.
- Facilitate the production of short ‘bumper’ and announcement videos for use in weekly services that match the design and aesthetic of each sermon series
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, visual arts, or other related studies.
- Equivalent experience will also be considered.
Character and Commitments
- A passionate Christ-follower with character and integrity
- A vocational call to full-time ministry
- Actively support the mission and vision of RCC
- A self-starter and collaborative team player
- Committed to excellence
- Flexible, teachable, and reliable
- Advanced knowledge of graphic design
- Proficient in written and visual communications
- Proficient in the use of Adobe Suite programs (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Lightroom) or other professional design software
- Proficient in the use of Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premier, or other professional video editing software
- Models Christ-like servant leadership
- Capacity to recruit, equip, and lead volunteers
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Collaborative teamwork and mutual accountability are critical to the staff culture. The Communications Director will report directly to the Executive Pastor.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the minimal requirements listed above, please email your resume along with references and a link to your portfolio to David Kennard, Executive Pastor at email@example.com.